Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2005, 11:02 PM

Default ** STTF-HU Calcutta Site Now LIVE!!! **

Skipper Bob wanted me to repost this as a new seperate post because he thinks it may have gotten lost in the first thread.

I think he's probably right, so here it is again!!!

OK, I've got the live site up and running. In order to log in and bid, you'll need and account. In order to get an account, you'll need to PM either me or skipperbob to get one. If we know you and can trust you, you should get one within 24 hours. If not, you'll need to somehow convince skipper that your money is good.

The current list of players is limited to only those players who have already paid their entry fees. There are others who have made bids on themselves, but as of yet have not paid. They will be added as soon as I have word that they've paid their entry fee.

Any technical questions about the site should be directed to me (skipperbob won't be able to help).

--GH

http://nonninja.net/~bstanton/calcutta/
Old 06-19-2005, 11:10 PM

Default Re: ** STTF-HU Calcutta Site Now LIVE!!! **

PLEASE NOTE: ANY & ALL 2+2'er'S ARE WELCOME TO VISIT THE SITE AND BID ON THE CALCUTTA IF THEY CHOOSE TO DO SO. IT IS [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]NOT LIMITED [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]TO ONLY THOSE THAT ARE GOING TO ATTEND THE EVENT [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 06-19-2005, 11:31 PM

Let me see if I understand [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] I have organized 2 different calcuttas at a potential cost to me of more than $2,000 and NOW I find out I might "draw" Yugo and I might already "own" Yugo....This deal is Frickin' rigged [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 06-19-2005, 11:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Let me see if I understand [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] I have organized 2 different calcuttas at a potential cost to me of more than $2,000 and NOW I find out I might "draw" Yugo and I might already "own" Yugo....This deal is Frickin' rigged [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you want to cut your losses, I'll pay you $20 for him unless somebody outbids you.

Admit it...for a second there you considered that someone else might actually bid on him. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-20-2005, 10:11 AM

bump
Old 06-20-2005, 11:59 AM

Heh.
Old 06-20-2005, 12:42 PM

Is it possible to set up a read-only mode for those of us who just want to look and see what is going on?
Old 06-20-2005, 01:13 PM

After beating up on Raptor HU over the weekend, I decided to make a pity bid for him.

This will piss him off, so he'll out bid me.

I'll then start a bidding war with Raptor until he has put in $5K of dead money, and then I'll let him hold the bid so that I can get Zen and Myself at 10-1 odds.

Booyah.

Irieguy
Old 06-20-2005, 02:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is it possible to set up a read-only mode for those of us who just want to look and see what is going on?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll try and work on this tonight.

--GH
Old 06-20-2005, 02:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
After beating up on Raptor HU over the weekend, I decided to make a pity bid for him.

This will piss him off, so he'll out bid me.

I'll then start a bidding war with Raptor until he has put in $5K of dead money, and then I'll let him hold the bid so that I can get Zen and Myself at 10-1 odds.

Booyah.

Irieguy

[/ QUOTE ]

Your play, brilliant in my opinion.

The question is...can you actually get him to put enough in there so that skipper is getting reasonable odds on Yugo?