Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2005, 11:13 AM

Default Re: $3/5 NL live, 350BB stacks

[ QUOTE ]
Preflop: Very bad.
Flop: Meh.
Turn: Poor.
River: Routine.

1. Don't play queen-crap suited in MP. For god's sake don't call a raise with it.
2. I guess you can call here, his bet is pathetic. But that often indicates set.
3. Looks like he's got a monster. You barely have odds here if you need a non-pair-board diamond, even if he'll go allin. Thin draw.

Edited by creedofhubris (05/12/05 09:35 AM)

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks

To preface, I do not have a lot of experience live. I am primarily a Party $2/4 6max NL multitabler.

In this game, there is 1 good, tricky player, 1 above average players. The other 7 range from bad to horrible. I put villain somewhere in the middle. Only 1 or 2 players (not villain) have any concept of implied odds. Most will marry their hands and will get stacked when it is obvious they are beat.

In short, to me this is a dream game.

Therefore, with huge implied implied odds, I loosened up a ton, aiming primarily for hands that I stack people with online: Backdoor straights, Backdoor flushes, Gutshots, and, where appropriate Two Outers.

Does anyone have any comments on this general strategy?

Thanks
Old 05-12-2005, 11:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone have any comments on this general strategy?

Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, stop focusing on being tricky and deceptive.

if they're that bad you wont need to hit 2 outers or 4 outers.
Old 05-12-2005, 11:24 AM

Provided that you are not paying off yourself...i.e. in the posted hand, if a flush card pairs the board and you are able to get away from the hand, the strategy is sound. This is assuming of course that your pot / implied odds are present.

However, if you are paying off (and it doesn't take many times) in that situation reverse implied odds become huge, and this strategy becomes -EV.
Old 05-12-2005, 11:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
yes, stop focusing on being tricky and deceptive.

if they're that bad you wont need to hit 2 outers or 4 outers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seems so -EV, sigh

EDIT: I guess I am taking the view that these players are so bad that I should take every shot I can get at busting them.

Well, I will post from future games with updates.
Old 05-12-2005, 11:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
aiming primarily for ...Backdoor straights, Backdoor flushes, Gutshots, and, where appropriate Two Outers.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 05-12-2005, 11:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
aiming primarily for ...Backdoor straights, Backdoor flushes, Gutshots, and, where appropriate Two Outers.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[/ QUOTE ]

With good hand reading skills, appropriate implied odds and probability of being paid off, what is the difference between this and, say a normal flush draw?
Old 05-12-2005, 12:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[/ QUOTE ]

With good hand reading skills, appropriate implied odds and probability of being paid off, what is the difference between this and, say a normal flush draw?

[/ QUOTE ]

About 36%.
Old 05-12-2005, 01:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I loosened up a ton, aiming primarily for hands that I stack people with online: Backdoor straights, Backdoor flushes, Gutshots, and, where appropriate Two Outers.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are joking, right?
Old 05-12-2005, 03:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] looks likely here. Maybe villian was bluffing the entire way with K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. I have to say I don't believe Hero won this hand. It seems like a flush is the only thing Villian should be pushing with on the river. I can't really see a lower flush being played like this. Villian wouldn't raise in SB with J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] or 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] would he? Given the description, I'd say nut flush or AA at worst. And if he had AA, he made a bad mistake on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol
Old 05-12-2005, 03:31 PM

Default Re: Results

[ QUOTE ]
Villain tables TT.

[/ QUOTE ]

Villain must've blown his top when you showed.