Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 08-16-2004, 10:08 AM

Default QKs misses heads up

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (7 handed)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, CO folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP2 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, MP2 calls.

Turn: (4.25 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
MP2 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls.

River: (6.25 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 7.25 BB

MP2 might see me as a LAG because I was seeing a good run of cards and playing them aggressivly. I do not like my play here, specifically the turn bet. Any comments much appreciated!
Old 08-16-2004, 10:22 AM

Default Re: QKs misses heads up

This is tricky...I would be tempted to take the free card on the turn, but since it's heads up, I don't think the bet was a mistake since you could actually be ahead in the hand and there is a good chance that he folds to that bet. From the river action, I suspect he was slowplaying a set all along (or put you on high cards and figured he would try a bluff). If you say he thought you were a LAG, the first option is more probable.