Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 12-27-2005, 10:28 PM

Default Re: PS $27 turbos = PP $?

Sure, any game is beatable. I don't keep the best stats in the world, but I've beaten the $60's pretty significantly (well over 10%, and probably closer to 15-18% over thousands while multitabling). I've taken shots at the $114's on occasion, though not recently, and I'm convinced that my hourly is optimal at the $60's because I'm not comfortable playing more than four tables higher than that at once.
Old 12-27-2005, 10:33 PM

I have found from my limited playing experience on Stars turbos that the game seem to contain more good players and less 'fish' is this a fair assesment?
Old 12-27-2005, 10:36 PM

Don't know, I'm not familiar with the games at Party to compare. I promise you'll find your share of donks at Stars too.
Old 12-27-2005, 10:38 PM

Well i guess i be back to Stars in the new year.

and i will avoid you [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-28-2005, 03:19 AM

Man, its tough to decide. You have the the Party tournies, that I know I can beat...and get some of my money back at the end of the month.

Then you have the better customer service and software of PS. The games that I won't be all that confident in, an no cash back for my play...although an interesting VPP program. But, also, less rake if you want to look at the extra $5 in prize money per player for the same rake charge.

I'm having trouble deciding where to play come January 1st. I'd really like to commit to one or the other so I get full value for my play...I guess I better make up my mind quickly.
Old 12-28-2005, 03:26 AM

I know what you mean. But how long will your under the table RB plan last?
Old 12-28-2005, 05:17 AM

Threads like these make me wonder if the PStars games are going to just get tougher. Are donks really going to be drawn to PStars by their rewards program? I doubt it.
Old 12-28-2005, 02:31 PM

And that's just one more concern I have. I get the feeling that the already tougher Stars may just get more difficult with the addition of the VPP program. So many factors to take into consideration, lol.

Is anyone in a fairly similar situation to me, that has made up their mind?

*Play the $22's on Party for a comfortable profit
*Gets cash at the end of the month

*Prefers Stars support/software
*feels the VPP offer may be close in value given the $5 extra in prize money per player with the same rake
Old 12-28-2005, 04:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Threads like these make me wonder if the PStars games are going to just get tougher. Are donks really going to be drawn to PStars by their rewards program? I doubt it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hear this time and again. My guess is that not many donk's get rakeback or even know what it means. If ever there was a program to lure more donk's over to PS this would be it.
Old 12-28-2005, 04:40 PM

My take on this is that in general--let's call them "non-pro"--players simply wind up on the 1st site they hear about. I started playing about 5 months ago, wound up on PS because of Greg Raymer's shirt and Moneymaker's hat. I even tried UB early on, but didn't like anything about it as I was already used to PS.

So, in theory if PS becomes far and away the leading site, play could become softer. Until the new "non-pros" stop flowing in. [Shudder] Then again by my reasoning, most of the new players should be heading to FullTilt. Are they? How is the FT software/support?

In general with technology, marketing seems to win the day early on. But eventually quality and support win out. With 2 important exceptions: #1 the "quality" company survives long enough for customers to wise up, and #2 the "marketing" company can't create some kind of natural sticky monopoly (ala Microsoft). I guess my money would be on PS as I don't see PP ever draining their player base enough to kill them.