Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 12-17-2005, 06:41 PM

Default Live 1/2 NL

Live 1/2 game, mix of tight and loose players, I have been playing tight and have showed the nuts with my raises/rerasies. Also showed ability to lay down a good hand when i'm beat. Image is currently i am best player at the table.

Hand Plays like this:

SB $120
BB #450
4 (Villan)$700
7 (Hero):$450
Button: $150

Villan Limps for $2, I limp with Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Button limps, SB calls, BB checks.

History: SB very tight, BB will raise with any faces, pairs down to 77 and hands liek AT QT, Villan always makes sound value raises preflop with premiums, I have image of always raising premiums, and button has been rather wild with raises. That is the reason I did not raise this hand Preflop was because of the button, comments???

Flop: Pot $10 5 players

10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Everyone Checks to the button, who bets 10, Sb+ BB fold, Villain makes it 30, I reraise to $70, button folds, villain calls. History: I have seen villain reraise heads up with flush draw on the flop...but not against other players, this is why i threw the reraise in there...too small??

Turn: Pot $300

5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Villain bets $75, At this point i figure he could be making this play with a big range of cards on me, including made flush, set, two pair, or over pair. I raise to $200. Bad move? comments. Villain puts me in for the rest of my chips ($100)...I should? comments? Results will come after posts.
Old 12-17-2005, 06:53 PM

Default Re: Live 1/2 NL

[ QUOTE ]
Image is currently i am best player at the table.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL
Old 12-17-2005, 06:56 PM

Serious...
very soft game, table full of idiots...one guy layed down AQ to my raise because he vocally said he did not want to play me. I need line help here! Never said i was the best!
Old 12-17-2005, 06:57 PM

Reraise the flop to 100 minimum.
I think you need to push teh turn

let me back up

i based that on 300 in the pot when the turn card comes, but now i only count 180??

Which is it

75 seems like a weak blocking feeler bet so unless villian is tricky enough to make this bet with a made hand, a raise is in order imo....

I put him on something like ATo with A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 12-17-2005, 07:00 PM

why would you check that flop? you have no real reason to expect button to bet.
Old 12-17-2005, 07:03 PM

i've seen button make several attempts at a bluff on the button when it's checked around...also the BB bets weak holdings (middle pair, top pair [censored] kicker) hard on the turn if everyone shows weakness on the flop. Also, because of my image, if i made a bet I most likely would not get any action.
Old 12-17-2005, 07:08 PM

I missed that

bet this flop 100% of the time
Old 12-17-2005, 07:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i've seen button make several attempts at a bluff on the button when it's checked around...also the BB bets weak holdings (middle pair, top pair [censored] kicker) hard on the turn if everyone shows weakness on the flop. Also, because of my image, if i made a bet I most likely would not get any action.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think a checkraise is problematic in giving away the strength of your hand on the flop.
Old 12-17-2005, 07:12 PM

So what are some ranges on the villain then? and was that turn raise justified or was it just adding too much volatility to a dangerous outcome?
Old 12-17-2005, 07:17 PM

67 A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T set

obviously a flush as well

have you seen villain fire a similar blocking bet before? did he show down?

how big was the pot on the turn?

Calling down is not horrible IMO, but I just don't see how you can fold for $100 once he reraises the turn.