Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 12-03-2005, 12:31 AM

Default Re: Cat food and dog food for a month- 10K

Dry Dog food isn't all that bad, a lot like eating a super bland dry wheat cracker (I ate some as a kid to find out why the dog liked it). I would easily go a whole month on it for 10k.

That canned fancy feast cat food though, i can barely stand the smell when opening a can for the cat I don't know if i could choke down 5 cans of it.

But then if you allowed seasoning/preparing i could probably drown the stuff in enough yellow mustard to mask the stench.
Old 12-03-2005, 12:54 AM

it works for my grandma!
Old 12-03-2005, 01:06 AM

Eating cat food for a month would have severe health implications as cats diets are primarily proteins. Most dog foods usually have corn or rice as one of the first four ingredients though, and is slightly more compareable to a human diet.

However there are certain brands of canned hippy dogfood like "Wellness" brand which have actual recognizeable vegetables like carrots, green beans, peas, barley and such mixed in that might be able to provide enough nutrients for a human to live off of.

If your friend likes corned beef, I would imagine he could eat fried up canned dog food. And as for the fancy feast, I hope he likes seafood or pate.

He should probably do some research to make sure he isn't missing out on some obscure vitamin that his kidneys need to live.

This is definitely doable. So what enjoyment do you get out of watching him eat dog food everyday? The first few times will be kind of funny, but after that he will probably fail quickly or breeze through it.
Old 12-03-2005, 01:09 AM

people talking about health implications, couldn't you get nutrient supplement pills or something?
Old 12-03-2005, 01:12 AM

You need to specify what kind of food is being eaten. If he had to eat dry dog food for a month then that would be worth 10k. But if he has a wide range of choices then I am sure he could find something that he actually likes to eat. Some of the canned stuff I feed my dog looks and smells pretty tasty, I've never eaten it but it would probably taste good. If you let him eat stuff that tastes good he is getting off way to easy.
Old 12-03-2005, 01:14 AM

What about vitamin supplements? Your buddy could be looking at a nice case of scurvy or rickets or something. Is the point to mess him up physically through a bad diet, or having him endure the grossness of daily meals of pet food?

What about other pet food? Like bird seed or hampster pellets....

Yeah i think the supplements that they use for Atkins diets would meet all your needs.

I will do this and videotape every meal.
Old 12-03-2005, 01:20 AM

I think betting serious cash with friends is a very bad idea, especially if it is an all or nothing bet. Someone always tries to get out with some sort of technicality and both parties are pissed.

That said, this sounds like a really funny story to tell later on, though I am not sure who comes off as more of a tool, you or your friend. (This sounds insulting but it really isn't supposed to be)Anyways if you do bet, good luck
Old 12-03-2005, 02:01 AM

The problem with this is that if he wants the money bad enough it will be easy. If this is a straight money line bet it's a bad idea.