Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2005, 05:39 PM

Default My mistake list this week is bad/$400 6max, please help....

For whatever reason, lately, I've been playing like a donkey. Running bad too.

So, I started a mistake log for anything that costs more than $100. (I play 4 $400 NL/PL 6 max.) I also list the $ amount that I put in.

I am listing them here. I would like to hear how bad certain ones are in the forums opinion, and trends you notice that I need to watch out for.

Or maybe you think that a certain play is in fact, not a mistake, if so, let me know.

General advice is much appreciated as well.

6/20/05

1. ~300 Pushed a pot size rz with only AA overpair

2. ~400 Called all in with JJ pf vs bad player (AA)

3. ~100 Played AA passively postflop then pay off $100 bet on 2345 board (6x)

4. ~120 Called turn minckrz KJo TPGK and call river bet (turned 2 pr)

T 920

6/21/05

5. ~185, ckrz all in on 3rd heart turn card, flop top 2,(flush)

6. ~245, call maniacal player's push w. my sucker str8 (higher nonnut)

T 430
6/23/05

7. ~215 Bad aggressive rz button, I rrz 45 AA, flop T4X, he rz all in, i call (44)

8. ~315 flop top 2 KQ, call minickrz turn A, push when he cks river (AQ)

T 530

6/25/05

9. ~110 call min rz and 50 river bet AQ on AKJ6 board (KJ)

T 110

6/26/05

10. ~185 got caught bluffing turn, then called push 44 (top set)

11. ~360 had note on dude that overbet = bluff, ckr push 360 to his 200 overbet of $80 pot on K6X5 board (65s)

T 545

6/28/05

12. ~480, villain made it obvious he had AA preflop, flop AQx, me QQ, ck ck flop, I bet turn, pushed river

Thanks!
Old 06-28-2005, 06:15 PM

Default Re: My mistake list this week is bad/$400 6max, please help....

Wow - looks like a tough little streak you're on right now!

Just a few comments - none of them that helpful probably.

It looks like you don't respect a min-raise enough online. Remember that it's probably +EV to fold to a lot of min-raises (especially turn min-check-raises) except against regulars who do it for good reasons (get to a cheap showdown, induce a bluff, induce a call from someone drawing dead, mixing up play, maybe they've seen you fold to min-raises... so you have to call vs. them).

Pushing JJ against a bad player is uaully bad if he'll have a coinflip or have you killed most of the time. If he'll call w/ TT-77, then it's ok.

Paying off on a read is fine - just make sure your reads are more accurate than not!

The one where you CR all-in to a flush card is a great play if you have doubts that player was drawing. Against anyone good, you have to CR there some of the time - I wouldn't consider that a mistake.

Also, you should calculate how much the mistakes are really costing you... don't forget about your equity in the pot (I'm sure you're not counting for your 4-outers, etc. that you had w/ one card to come.... not a ton of money, but it makes the results a little better [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] )

Good luck getting out of your rut...
Old 06-28-2005, 06:50 PM

Default Re: My mistake list this week is bad/$400 6max, please help....

I think the only mistake in the KQ top two hand is pushing the river with AKQxx board. So you should only count the money you put in on the river. Also, a lot of these don't show board texture so it is very hard to say whether or not it's a mistake. It's a good idea in general, though, IMO. Just try to really make sure it's a mistake before you beat yourself up over it. And don't be results oriented. If you make a bad move but suckout, you should write it down and take the -EV as your 'loss' or something.