Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-2005, 05:46 AM

Default play?

5-t blinds, mp limp , co raises 3x, i call with 44, bb calls raiser calls, flop is 5kk..........i go all in for 1100, has all but one coverd.....who likes this play?
Old 12-19-2005, 05:48 AM

Default Re: play?

what are you trying to accomplish, other than image?
Old 12-19-2005, 05:49 AM

i meant 4kk
Old 12-19-2005, 05:50 AM

oh what about a CR all-in that might commit a king? I don't think a hand like QQ and JJ will look u up here.
Old 12-19-2005, 05:51 AM

i flopped a boat. [censored] up the first post.
Old 12-19-2005, 04:54 PM

You flopped a full house and immediately going all in gets called by AK and maybe KQs or KJs, but lets AA, QQ, and any non-K hand get away for cheap. Since AK, KQs, and KJs are possible holdings for villain, I think your suspicious looking overbet might get paid off.

However, I think checking to induce a continuation bet, calling that bet, then check/raising the turn (or pot-betting the river if he checks the turn) gets more out of hands like QQ or AA than open pushing, in which case those hands just fold. A big Kx will probably end up all in with you by the river whether you open push or get there more slowly from street to street - for example, he might slow play his 3-kings on the flop by checking behind to induce a bluff from you on the turn. If he checks behind on the flop, you can bet the turn hoping he check-raises with a king and you can call that, and bet (or push) the river.

I think you strategic objective in this hand ts to get villain to think he's a head often enough to put as many chips as possible in against your full house. Open pushing really doesn't accomplish that objective.