Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2005, 02:47 PM

Default n00b Pokertracker question

For some reason when I open up tables as an observer Pokertracker doesn't import any hands. I went to Configure Observed hands, I set the folder to EmpirePoker/Handhistory and I chose not so store the files to the hard drive. I start auto-import and everytime it just says no new files have been found.

Can anyone help?
Old 08-24-2005, 04:22 PM

Default Re: n00b Pokertracker question

Configure Import -> uncheck "Do not import observed..."
Old 08-24-2005, 04:56 PM

It is unchecked, maybe its a bug or something I dunno I'll mess around with it some more.
Old 08-24-2005, 05:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I went to Configure Observed hands, I set the folder to EmpirePoker/Handhistory and I chose not so store the files to the hard drive.

[/ QUOTE ]
What version is your Poker Tracker?

I don't have an option to "configure observed hands", and I didn't have to make any changes to the "Program File Locations" settings for importing hand histories, which should be pointed at the executable for Party/Empire/etc, and not the Hand History directory.

If you really have those options, you're probably due for an update.
Old 08-24-2005, 05:18 PM

Are you logged in? You need to be logged in to have the HHs saved to the hard drive.
Old 08-24-2005, 06:33 PM

Do I have to sit at the table for the hand histories to save to my HD? Like do I have to sit down and sit out? Or can I just watch a table?

And as far as I know I have the latest version. 2.07

EDIT: Ok, I figured it out. I was going to Auto-import hands, instead of Auto-import Party and affiliate hands. Once I did that it started accepting my observed hands.

I feel like a douche because I've always been good with computers but I still think that's kinda weird, because I had my folder set correct before anyway.

Oh well, thanks for your help guys.
Old 08-24-2005, 07:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, I figured it out. I was going to Auto-import hands, instead of Auto-import Party and affiliate hands. Once I did that it started accepting my observed hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just a FYI, the "Auto-Import Hands" will work for this purpose, but you must specify the directory "C:\Program Files\Empire Poker\", rather than "C:\Program Files\Empire Poker\Hand History".

When you are seated, the hand history files are created as [table_name].txt files, under the hand history subdirectory.

When observing tables, files are created as [random_number].hhf files in the root folder of the client software, e.g. "C:\Program Files\Empire Poker\". Poker Tracker will import from these if "Configure...Observed Hands" is set to the root folder of the clients.

These *.hhf files are created even if you are not logged in, however you can only open one table on each client when you are not logged in.

You can use this method to datamine one additional table for each party skin where you do not have an account, which may be of use to someone.

dave.
Old 08-24-2005, 08:49 PM

Thanks alot.