Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2005, 08:56 PM

Default Re: Did party recently change their time to act clock?

I multi-table and like the new setup. Sorry, but if it takes you 20 seconds to act because you're playing 8/10/20 tables, maybe it's time to go down to 6. It's just too unfair to the rest of the table to have to often wait that long.
Old 10-12-2005, 08:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I love the new clock. It used to take rediculously long. If you can't 10 table with this new time limit you probably shouldn't have been 10 tabling to begin with. I know many of the multitablers took way too long sometimes. Which I think is suprising since with the buttons most decisions should be instant. When I used to 10 table the only times I would take a lot of time is when a disaster happened (and I had to break my mouse). And most of the 10% ROI $/hour bots I played with would act very quickly as well. It was always the 18% ROI even more $/hour poker players that would take a while. This has been a pet peeve of mine and I'm glad party changed the limit.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
Old 10-12-2005, 09:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I multi-table and like the new setup. Sorry, but if it takes you 20 seconds to act because you're playing 8/10/20 tables, maybe it's time to go down to 6. It's just too unfair to the rest of the table to have to often wait that long.

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesn't take that long everytime. Just sometimes. If you have two difficult decisions to make, there should be more available. Why make it possible for you to play 8 tables, and then shorten the clock?

You want a place where too much time is given, try PokerStars. Party is lightning comparatively.

Anyway, my point is that it's too short. I have declared this, and it is now fact.
Old 10-12-2005, 09:06 PM

I don't mind it that much. Sometimes I time out when I'm involved in multiple hands at once, but if I have any money in the pot it will always go into my time bank. I rarely miss any important decisions.
Old 10-12-2005, 09:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I love the new clock. It used to take rediculously long. If you can't 10 table with this new time limit you probably shouldn't have been 10 tabling to begin with. I know many of the multitablers took way too long sometimes. Which I think is suprising since with the buttons most decisions should be instant. When I used to 10 table the only times I would take a lot of time is when a disaster happened (and I had to break my mouse). And most of the 10% ROI $/hour bots I played with would act very quickly as well. It was always the Jesus that would take a while. This has been a pet peeve of mine and I'm glad party changed the limit.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
Old 10-12-2005, 09:34 PM

Whoa...sorry everyone, but seriously taking a long time on every decision because you decided to play more tables than you are capable of is disrespectful and ruins the game for the other players. I apologize Bigwig, and can see your point about difficult decisions that don't come up often. However, this is not the case for some multitablers.
Old 10-12-2005, 09:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I'm sure Doyle Brunsen is a great 20 tabler.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's just silly.

If he was a 20 tabler im sure he would be a great one. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-12-2005, 09:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Whoa...sorry everyone, but seriously taking a long time on every decision because you decided to play more tables than you are capable of is disrespectful and ruins the game for the other players. I apologize Bigwig, and can see your point about difficult decisions that don't come up often. However, this is not the case for some multitablers.

[/ QUOTE ]

It isn't the 'total time.' It's the time that you miss and get 'marked away' and see your QQ go flying into the muck when you turn your attention back to the table.

And there's no correlation between time to act and skill level that I'm aware of.
Old 10-12-2005, 09:52 PM

"...I time out ..., but if I have any money in the pot it will always go into my time bank. "

Is this true? If I have contributed to the pot on any given hand, that I don't have to manually press the "timebank" button?

That is seriously my least favorite part about the new time clock: You have to wait until you have 5 seconds left before you can activate it, which in turn eats up valuable time monitoring the 5-second mark.
Old 10-12-2005, 09:53 PM

Has anyone figured out how the new time bank works on Party?
It gives different time amounts based on what level you're on? Or is it based on # of players at the table? Or perhaps it's based upon how many tables you have going?