Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2005, 01:13 PM

Default Straight pool

The game of champions. I've set a goal of a run of 30 balls by September 1st. My previous (witnessed) high run was 17. I've just started playing regulary again after a 1-1/2 years off. I've had a 14 ball run in each of my last two games.

Anyone else play them some straights? Or one-pocket?
Old 08-04-2005, 01:15 PM

Location: Hurricanes, animal corpses and your potential new tattoo have a lot in common. Think about it.
Default Re: Straight pool

It's makes for a great drinking game.
Old 08-04-2005, 01:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The game of champions. I've set a goal of a run of 30 balls by September 1st. My previous (witnessed) high run was 17. I've just started playing regulary again after a 1-1/2 years off. I've had a 14 ball run in each of my last two games.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, the good old buck-a-ball days before everyone wanted to play p*ker instead...

As soon as I get around to buying a house, I guarantee I will buy a nice pool table before a single other piece of furniture. I miss playing.
Old 08-04-2005, 01:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I guarantee I will buy a nice pool table before a single other piece of furniture.

[/ QUOTE ]
Before a sex chair, even?
Old 08-04-2005, 01:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know we've talked about one-pocket before, and I'd still say you could kick my ass at it [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] I've got a friend that would give you some action if you're ever in VA tho...

I'm no good at straight, but definitely enjoy it. I can never seem to leave a good breakout though...its definitely a great game...

How about billiards? I had an old timer show me the break the other day, and after he tried it 4 or 5 times, i took a try and hit it on my second attempt. I think I could really get into that game...

Unfortuantely there aren't many billiards tables in the area...and the one place that has them is kinda shady...although i WAS gambling there at 5:00am one morning in a typical white guy pants/button down combo, and i lived...so who knows [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-04-2005, 01:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I guarantee I will buy a nice pool table before a single other piece of furniture.

[/ QUOTE ]
Before a sex chair, even?

[/ QUOTE ]

Before a sex chair, even...
Old 08-04-2005, 01:34 PM

Pool is a brotherhood, kinda like poker. No one cares what you wear, or what color you are when you play, or even what stick you shoot with (unless you're an insufferable nit), as long as the money in your pocket is green.
Old 08-04-2005, 01:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I love straight. my high run is something in the thirties I think, not forty I don't think--I hvae my good days but I'm not good because they're not frequent enough, and even then I'm not all that good. but running through two breaks, that's when you've tasted what it really means to play pool. I need to get a table. or find someplace to play in New Orleans. there seems to be a place on tchoupitoulas but I haven't looked to see if it's good.
Old 08-04-2005, 01:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's makes for a great drinking game.

[/ QUOTE ]

why? it's such a difficult game, and slow...
Old 08-04-2005, 01:40 PM

How about billiards? I had an old timer show me the break the other day, and after he tried it 4 or 5 times, i took a try and hit it on my second attempt. I think I could really get into that game...

Billiards is an incredible game.
Finding someone willing to play against you is difficult.