Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2005, 02:22 PM

Default A Thread to post colorful poolroom stories

My other pool thread generated the thought that a new thread revolving around the colorful characters in the poolroom would be welcomed. So here it is. When I have time, I'll tell the tale of a young padowan who became the master (i.e. pwn3d me hardcore in short order).
Old 08-05-2005, 02:29 PM

Default Re: A Thread to post colorful poolroom stories

Although I may not have time to get to this today, I'll be sure to get some stories in here in the future.
Old 08-05-2005, 02:39 PM

I once stayed after closing and banged a barmaid on one of the pooltables after getting ridiculously drunk. I went back to the place like a month later. She didn't look as good as I remembered. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 08-05-2005, 02:43 PM

Once some guy let me touch his special pool vest.
Old 08-05-2005, 03:29 PM

Default I get pwned with a good brag line – long wind-up

I lived in a college town for a while and and played at the student union. One day a road player named Mike Dunklin came in with a partner, Joe. Mike asked one of the local players, Jim (a really good shooter), for a game, and Jim asked me if I had ever heard of Mike. I told him I knew of Mike but I had never seen him play. I said that supposedly Mike had given St. Louis Louie the 8 a few weeks before and beat Louie like a drum. Jim knew Louie and decided to make a game. They seesawed and Jim felt lucky to get out with his wallet intact.

I decided to test Joe’s speed at one-pocket. I shot some of the best one-poket I ever played but we ended up even as well. I had a feeling that Jim and I had both been let off easy. Mike and Joe were invited to the the pool players poker game that night and Joe gave one of the best brag lines I’d ever heard:

“If Nick wanted to play $100.00 a rack one-pocket, and he lived in New York and I lived in L.A., I would take a cab every day. Both ways.”
Old 08-05-2005, 03:30 PM

That explains the stain on the cloth.
Old 08-05-2005, 03:32 PM

one time when i was working at a pool hall, i had to close at the end of the night, and some guy was so wasted he thought i was a chick. i was open-minded, so i let him siimp on a pool table. he came back a month or so later and looked at me with a grimace, but didn't say anything.
Old 08-05-2005, 03:42 PM

A friend and I used to shoot pool after work a lot and one time at the bar we met a couple old Russian guys. We started playing games for vodka shots (pronounced woodka). They sucked so we got wasted, along the way we taught them some American words like "hey baby, you got a hot ass" and such. They fronted as beer tap salesmen but I'm pretty sure they were Russian mafia or KGB or whatever.
Old 08-05-2005, 03:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I once stayed after closing and banged a barmaid on one of the pooltables after getting ridiculously drunk. I went back to the place like a month later. She didn't look as good as I remembered. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

They never do.
Old 08-05-2005, 03:57 PM

Why can't guys figure out when they are being hustled? When I was at Fort Lewis for basic we would go into Tacoma when on leave. I became friends with this guy Dan from Gardner who was a great pool player.

Dan was cleaning up pretty good in the bars in Tacoma and I enjoyed watching it. But this one time he starts playing this guy and right off the bat, I kind of sensed that he being hustled. Dan won the first game which is of course how they start the hustle.

Then the guy won game after game, just barely, all the while raising the stakes. After about the 4th game, I grabbed Dan and told him he was being hustled but he insisted he could beat the guy. After a couple more losses I literally had to drag him out of the joint.

Only later after we got back to base would he admit that he got hustled but while it was happening he was helpless to the situation.