Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 12-29-2005, 03:14 PM

Default $55 ITM: What does it mean when BB min reraises your raise?

PartyPoker, Big Blind is t300 (3 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com

HERO (t4145)
SB (t1555)
BB (t4300)

Preflop: HERO is in Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="red">HERO raises t700</font>, <font color="gray">SB folds</font>, <font color="red">BB raises t1100</font>, HERO calls t400

Flop: (t900) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 players)
<font color="red">BB bets t300</font>, HERO? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Villian has been chip leader since lvl4. He likes to limp in alot.

this is the 1st hand where i have &gt;10BB. all other times i push and he folded when he was BB, or limped in.

What's your line here?
Old 12-29-2005, 03:17 PM

Default Re: $55 ITM: What does it mean when BB min reraises your raise?

I think I'd sigh and fold. I like the line up til then though.
Old 12-29-2005, 03:21 PM

This is really ugly and would have bells going off in my head. He bets 300 into a 2350 pot after re-raising preflop?

He knows you can't fold with these odds and it really looks like he wants you to come over the top.

I think I craw into my weak/tight shell and flat call the flop. If he fires again on the turn, I'm folding.

Not the best way to play it, be that betting pattern would scare the crap out of me.
Old 12-29-2005, 03:23 PM

Flat call on the flop I really don't like, cos there's just so many cards that are going to make your life hell on the turn, and the rest (if the villain has nothing) will mean he puts not one shiny cent more into the pot anyway.. I just think it's the old reverse implied odds stuff, where he can move you off your hand even if he has nothing should the right card fall. I suppose there is the one fact that you have the A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], but I'm not sure that's enough here for me to call even.
Old 12-29-2005, 03:27 PM

The only reason that I flat call here is the huge odds you're getting on the bet. I think it's possible that villain has a crap Ace and was hoping hero would fold to his PF min-raise. I'm still folding if he fires a decent bet on the turn or river.

If you flat call the flop getting these odds, you have a chance of the hand being checked down and I like my hand at showdown. With the weak bet on the flop, he's showing that he either has a monster or is afraid of his own hand and was making a weak attempt at a CB.
Old 12-29-2005, 03:40 PM

When a compulsive limper starts to show aggression, it's the first time you can put him on a hand range.

Speaking of limpers and hand ranges. I was in a SNG yesterday where the chip leader had 6100 chips on the bubble. His VPIP was 97%. Now that's difficult to put a hand range on. (Sorry for the hijack).
Old 12-29-2005, 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When a compulsive limper starts to show aggression, it's the first time you can put him on a hand range.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its been my experience that when I've been aggressive out of the SB and the BB FINALLY min-re-raises pre-flop...mabye I'm just an unlucky streak - but its been aces literally every time. I'd probably plan a stop'n'go or fold now...but maybe thats just scared money advice.