Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2005, 09:48 PM

Default Re: \"Official\" ESPN Coverage of WSOP Main Event: Final Table

[ QUOTE ]
He could have stacked Kanter on that hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he had kept his mouth shut I don't think it would even matter how he played the hand.
Old 11-15-2005, 09:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
anyone like how Black played that set?

[/ QUOTE ]

Black talked himself out of huge pot there.
Old 11-15-2005, 09:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

If you're going to call a push, why not push yourself, and if you're folding to a push, why put in 1/2 your stack?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would want to get all my chips into the pot with TT as the small stack. So, often you've got to entice somebody else into aggressive play rather than just picking up the blinds with an all-in push.

[/ QUOTE ]

This "seems" absolutely contrary to almost everything I thought I've learned here....No disresepect at all, beacuse I search for your posts quite honestly, but I'd like to see this hand discussed at length in MTT....if I'm this far off base, I'd like to be set straight, or at least shown the road of discovery [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure most will agree with pushing the TT. It's the standard book play.

But, your opportunities to double up as the small stack are limited. I prefer to manipulate your opponents into overplaying a weaker hand and getting some chips to work with.

Remember, 9th place paid $1,000,000 whereas 4th place paid $2,000,000. The increases from 9th to 4th place were very small. It was only after 4th place, that the differences in prize money starting climinbing significantly.
Old 11-15-2005, 09:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Wow, I didn't realize Hachem ever had such a small percentage of the chips at the final table.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hachem was the small stack from about 8:00pm to about 2am. (It started about 5pm ended at nearly 7am).
Old 11-15-2005, 09:52 PM

Hand 68 - Aaron Kanter has the button in seat 6, Black raises to $500,000, and Barch calls. The flop comes Ad-Ac-4h, and both players check. The turn card is the As, putting three aces on the board. Both players check again. The river card is the 2s, Black bets $500,000, and Barch calls immediately. Black shows pocket eights for a full house, and Barch mucks his cards. Black takes the pot worth about $2.2 million.
Old 11-15-2005, 09:53 PM

i feel like with his stack black was playing everything super fast. if thats the case I like playing his monsters super fast also.
Old 11-15-2005, 09:53 PM

Thanks Dynasty, you've given me something to think about, appreciate it!
Old 11-15-2005, 09:54 PM

I would have lost more there.
Old 11-15-2005, 09:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How the hell does Kondracki play TT, opening for 1/2 his stack instead of pushing?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why bet over T1,000,000 at a pot with about T250,000 in it? He's got to build a stack. That means he's got to get called when he's got the best of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're going to call a push, why not push yourself, and if you're folding to a push, why put in 1/2 your stack?

Isn't this basic poker as related day in and day out in the MTT forum???

[/ QUOTE ]

If you have a hand that you want to get action with(not saying this is the case here) then sometimes its better to not push right away but to make a smaller raise.
Old 11-15-2005, 09:55 PM

Hand 69 - Steve Dannenmann has the button in seat 8, Lazar raises to $500,000 from the small blind, Hachem reraises all in from the big blind, and Lazar quickly calls. Hachem shows As-Qs, while Lazar has Ks-9s. This is a $5 million pot.

The flop comes Ah-10s-4s, which is a very powerful flop for Hachem, who picks up top pair with the nut flush draw. Lazar needs to catch something runner-runner to win this pot.

The turn card is the 5c, and Lazar is drawing dead. The meaningless river card is the Jc, and Joseph Hachem doubles up to about $5,000,000.

Hachem's countrymen start their traditional cheer of "Aussie, Aussie, Aussie! Oy! Oy! Oy!"