Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2005, 07:33 PM

Default Danneman v Hachem

While I thought it was absolutely priceless when Steve re-checked his cards, I have a couple questions:

1) Do you think Hachem was seriously considering calling?(sorry I forget what he had, AQ?) How could he think Danneman could be bluffing for all his chips in that situation?

2) Do you think he got his read on Danneman being so loosy-goosy? (either for that hand or for future) I don't think you could possibly joke around that much on a stone bluff for all your chips in the ME.

thoughts?
Old 11-11-2005, 07:49 PM

Default Re: Danneman v Hachem

Hachem had the nut flush draw and two overcards plus a backdoor straight draw. He had to know he had 9 good outs plus possibly 6 more for his pair outs. It would be an incredibly hard decision at that point in the tournament.

It would just be hard to put all your chips in with a draw when you're in the final 20 of the main event or however many there were. He might have figured Dannenmann had a good hand, but he couldn't be sure.
Old 11-11-2005, 08:07 PM

I think Hachem had a pretty good read on Danneman. I think he just debating if it was worth it to risk his tournament on a draw.
Old 11-11-2005, 08:09 PM

I think Danneman was just radiating a ton of strength in that hand. Even with my poor player reading skills, I would have thought he had a monster. The guy was just relaxed and talkative. It was ridiculous.

Maybe he was trying for strong means weak, but it just felt like he wanted a call.
Old 11-11-2005, 08:22 PM

I think it's funny that the whole forum is turning into Norman Chad with the "risking all his chips ONLY on a draw" line.
Old 11-11-2005, 08:34 PM

cardplayer messed it up big. They had Hachem having AA but in all honesty I'd rather have AdKd on this flop and situation than AA
Old 11-11-2005, 08:58 PM

I had a somewhat similar decision in our home game "final table" of the "season". Due to a prorated chip count, I was shortstacked with $2700 - in BB with AdKd. I raised 4BB I think. UTG calls, MP calls. Flop comes Qd6d6s. I lead out with 1/2 pot ($300), UTG raises to $1000, MP goes all in for $4k. I read him for trip 6s, so I cant count on my overcards as outs. I think about it for a while then finally call, assuming EP who is big stack and highly aggressive, will also call. I figure I'm taking a chance to triple up on my nut flush draw (although forgetting about his FH outs even if I do hit the flush). But mainly I just couldn't stomach the thought of folding and watching a diamond come out. Naturally it didn't and I'm out in the first round.

Nice fold Hachem.
Old 11-11-2005, 09:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think it's funny that the whole forum is turning into Norman Chad with the "risking all his chips ONLY on a draw" line.

[/ QUOTE ]

granted- it depends........ but in general calling an all in from someone who has you covered with "just a draw" is not a great play. Going all in first is a different story...

P.S. i like Norman Chad.... I think he's great regardless of what anyone says.
Old 11-11-2005, 09:56 PM

Yeah, now that I think about it a little more, I wonder if Hachem was basically trying to get a read on whether he could count his overcards as outs. If so, maybe he makes the call. But Danneman's oozing so much strength, Hachem (correctly) reads his overcards as covered, and folds.
Old 11-11-2005, 11:18 PM

Dannenman talked himself out of a call in that hand. If he shuts up and stares at the table, Hachem adds 6 more outs and calls.