Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Software

Old 10-25-2005, 04:33 PM

Default Any option other than HandGrabber?

I know Hangrabber gets the hand histories of Pacific Poker, but is there anything else out there that is freeware that does the same thing? Unlike GT+, this seems like a relatively simple program and you have to pay for it, when things like GT+ are free and seem to do a lot more...

Thanks
Old 10-25-2005, 05:15 PM

Default Re: Any option other than HandGrabber?

[ QUOTE ]
I know Hangrabber gets the hand histories of Pacific Poker, but is there anything else out there that is freeware that does the same thing? Unlike GT+, this seems like a relatively simple program and you have to pay for it, when things like GT+ are free and seem to do a lot more...

Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

Good lord man, this is a ten dollar program. If that is too much for you, write a program like it yourself.

My god, some people are so cheap. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 10-25-2005, 05:47 PM

Wow...Is there any reason to have the response you did? I asked a simple question, and you for some reason needed to scold me without asking for details of my situation? Maybe right now I don't have any way of paying for it(No Credit card) etc? Why is there any reason to make your post? It contributed nothing to my question. You could've atleast told me if there was something else available whilst scolding me,

Thanks for trying to help, but I will take my life lessons from my mother.
Old 10-25-2005, 06:48 PM

Did you pay the full price for pokertracker, which you will need to make make use of Handgrabber, in order to make Pokerace or Gametime+ or any other HUD work? Or did you go to a website and ask people for a free option instead?

I really was not trying to dis you. Most people that post here recognize the value of programs like the ones mentioned, and feel it is well worth the small amount of money required to purchase them. I highly doubt there is anything out there for free that does even the slightest bit that Handgrabber can do.

I would suggest reading these forums, posting a lot of hands, replying to posts, and building your bankroll. Soon you will have no problem purchasing these programs. If Credit cards are an issue, give one of your buddies the money, which you won playing poker because you learned so much here, and get your buddy to buy if for you.
Old 10-26-2005, 06:55 AM

Thanks!

Yes, i did pay the full price for PokeTracker, and I've got Gametime+ right now but will move on to Pokerace or whatever is the best(I will do research on it when it comes to that point) when I have the way of buying online, but since I don't right now I don't I felt I should ask..

The main reason I asked if because there are free programs that do a lot more than handgrabber, and since it would be easier to get something else for free than get a friend to use his credit-card online, I figured I would atleast see..

Thanks man
Old 10-26-2005, 03:09 PM

The reason this application costs money is because it does something that is not easy to do. It must intercept the network traffic between the client on your computer and the server. It then has to process this information (the format of which I'm positive isn't documented) and create hand histories that PokerTracker can read.

I'm sure this wasn't a simple application to write.