Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2005, 04:49 PM

Default Re: Donkey Line?

"Maybe when your entire bankroll is more than 10BB for Eugene you can start throwing "jopke's"."

Is this supposed to be comprehensible? I have no idea what you are trying to say.. are you suggesting my bank roll is less than 10BB? Try for better english next time.
Old 09-26-2005, 04:50 PM

Eugene (hottubboy) is a significant winner at 100/200 and higher.

Edited for perfect clarity - therefore if you are playing 3/6 with 300BB, your entire roll is <10BB for Eugene.
Old 09-26-2005, 04:53 PM

Good for him. That doesn't change the fact that his post is a waste of space and idiotic. Does his bankroll somehow qualify him to make ridiculous posts?

Being good at poker doesnt translate to being good at posting constructive feedback. If you can't post constructive feedback, you shouldn't respond to posts asking for it.
Old 09-26-2005, 04:56 PM

So it doesn't bother you that one of the best players on the board described your play as that of a "moron fish?"

Anyways, continue on.
Old 09-26-2005, 05:07 PM

The title of the post was "donkey line". Last time I checked, that means I think I misplayed the hand rather severely.

Therefore his post contributed no possible information. He could have said "fold preflop" or "fold flop", and that would at least provide some level of information.

The fact that you are defending his post as being constructive is just ridiculous.
Old 09-26-2005, 05:56 PM

I think you are making the mistake of mixing up "great player" and "great poster". The fact that anyone plays a higher limit, or wins more, does NOT give them the right to call people names or belittle them. That's not what being a respected poster is about, and it's not what this forum is about. Any great, high limit player who posts like that is a horrifically UNrespected poster IMO. The fact that you could even comprehend a justification for his actions is appalling.
Old 09-26-2005, 06:04 PM

Yes, definitely a donkey line for the most part. There will be times when you get lucky and win, but try not to remember those as success. They will be far and few in between. I personally don't believe in getting into a war with a LAG with only a bare King high. It can be done, but requires such a tremendous read and it so rare that I wouldn't recommend it at all.

If you think there's a chance your King high has some showdown value (which it will sometimes), then get there cheaply. Any other method is usually spewing.
Old 09-26-2005, 06:06 PM

Would you lay down on the turn here? With two overs and a gutshot, you have 10 outs. The tens are probably dirty, but not sure how much to downgrade them.
Old 09-26-2005, 06:15 PM

No. Not if I were dropped there on the turn. Keep in mind that you only have 10 outs under optimum conditions. Sometimes your pair outs won't be good, so you might have 7-8 effective outs -- still worth a call given the pot.

My problem is not so much with the turn. The 3 bet on the flop is bad without that supernatural read I mentioned earlier. A call on the flop is much better.

The river raise is also bad. You will find yourself getting 3 bet by any 8 and very often get called by 2 pair or a set. He will fold almost any hand you beat and call with any hand that beats you.
Old 09-26-2005, 06:17 PM

Agreed. My aggression on the river is low - been looking for missed value opportunities and got carried away on this hand.