Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2005, 12:31 PM

Default Re: One more thing - draw games

Hi Lee,

One other suggestion--I don't know if this has been posted elsewhere in this thread; too long--

How about making the WCOOP biannual or something like that? Or just some other type of large series of tournies like that?

It was fun and I only got to play in one of them so a 'winter' edition would be cool. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 10-26-2005, 12:34 PM

Default Re: Some answers to the requests

Thanks for your response, Lee. Good stuff in there.

Regarding the FPPs and the forthcoming VIP program, you wrote:

[ QUOTE ]
For instance, how'd you like to trade your FPPs for a WSOP, PokerStars Caribbean Adventure or European Poker Tour package?

[/ QUOTE ]

Those things sound cool, but what about those of us that don't really play tournaments?

For instance, I play 6-max limit. I have ~16,000 FPPs right now, but they're basically useless to me as tourney entries becuase I am no good at tourneys!

You also wrote:

[ QUOTE ]
We will add more options for FPP (especially for VIP players - it's going to be huge), but we don’t currently plan to offer the option to cash in FPPs directly.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just ask that you keep us limit grinders in mind when you implement this. I'd be thrilled to use my FPPs to "buy" extra bonuses that must then be cleared, for example.

Thanks again; your site is the best.
Old 10-26-2005, 02:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Q1: Tournament information in the hand histories (HH) to improve information from Poker{Office,Tracker}

A1: We're in touch with the developers of both those products. Depending on how those negotiations go, we may be able to provide more information in the HHs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Woo hoo!

[ QUOTE ]
A6: We're working on a significant redesign of the lobby. I've just been reviewing the spec and it makes me very happy. I don't want to go into too many details because something may fall off (or get added) before we release it. Many of us within PokerStars have wanted a lobby redesign for a long while now. But the programming-meister has (understandably) concentrated on things like scaling up the software to handle the ever-growing load on the system. After all, a cool lobby does you no good if the system crashes frequently. He now feels that he's got some breathing room on that front and has sent around a spec for a new lobby. You're going to love it. Told you all that to tell you this: the ability to show only "registering" tournaments is on that spec.

[/ QUOTE ]

Woo hoo!

[ QUOTE ]
A15: Short answer first: We don’t plan to offer rakeback. However, we do plan to introduce a VIP program (soon) which will give substantial awards to high volume players. For instance, how'd you like to trade your FPPs for a WSOP, PokerStars Caribbean Adventure or European Poker Tour package?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would freakin' love it. Any preliminary word on the qualifications for this VIP program?

And, quite frankly, if I knew my poker playing was going to pay for a trip to the Atlantis every year regardless of my winrate, well, it wouldn't be tough to convince the wife I should play more.

Actually, speaking along those lines, my wife also plays some on Stars and while it's miniscule at the moment she might play more once I can trust her not to suck. If it were possible to make a family VIP account so she could contribute to the trip to the Bahamas, it would be a beautiful thing.

If you want some anecdotal evidence to give your marketing people, I haven't played much at Stars lately because I want rakeback and have been playing at Full Tilt which has a similar rake structure to Stars for NL games at least. I've also been playing at UB as a secondary site, but I don't really like them and have been planning to look for another place. If you make this VIP thing work then FullTilt will be my secondary site and most of my play will be yours.
Old 10-26-2005, 02:33 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
Actually, speaking along those lines, my wife also plays some on Stars and while it's miniscule at the moment she might play more once I can trust her not to suck.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like you have the opposite problem with wives that most men do.
Old 10-26-2005, 04:36 PM

I don't believe you addressed the request for a "next available table" on your waiting lists. Believe it or not there are people who would just like to pop in, play a few hands, and depart in a very limited time. Others would like to start playing immediately, and then fine-tune their tables after they've gotten going.

Also there are those among us who have no interest at all in attending live tournaments. Would these "tournament tour packages" be transferrable, ie for cash if we can find a buyer?
Old 10-26-2005, 07:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sure, it'd be nice to have, but so would tail fins and fuzzy dice on the rearview mirror.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gee, I'm glad you equate my main game to fuzzy dice. 95% of the time you guys go out of the way to be classy, and then you drop something like this?
Old 10-26-2005, 07:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Sure, it'd be nice to have, but so would tail fins and fuzzy dice on the rearview mirror.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gee, I'm glad you equate my main game to fuzzy dice. 95% of the time you guys go out of the way to be classy, and then you drop something like this?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're overreacting.
Old 10-26-2005, 07:57 PM

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not like he's scared of losing your TDL business. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-26-2005, 08:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're overreacting.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have to admit it was a pretty classless thing to say to those of us who prefer draw games. I'm not terribly upset about it, but quite surprised to hear it from Stars.

It's also intended as a cue for TrueCEO to come in and tell us that of course his site values us as customers and they're going to get on it right away. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-26-2005, 10:14 PM

So, first, my apologies for likening draw games to fuzzy dice. It was an off-the-cuff remark that should have been forgotten before I pressed &lt;send&gt;. Mea culpa.

Second - good news. I didn't realize it, but the programming team actually is working on draw. I don't know in what sequence we will deploy draw games, but once we have any one draw game, then deploying others should be fairly straightforward, based on demand.

Again, my apologies; I'll put my typing-editor back on "HIGH".

Best regards,
Lee Jones

PokerStars Poker Room Manager
Closed Thread