Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-18-2005, 05:41 PM

Default Re: Morning games suck

[ QUOTE ]
I want to move to the perfect time zone, so I can wake up and play 9am-6pm with an hour luch break as if it were 2pm-11pm PST.

Hawaii is getting close, but Im sure its too expensive there.

[/ QUOTE ]

I grew up in Hawaii. It is very expensive. Almost everyone leaves after high school because the jobs are all low paying since everyone on the planet wants to live there(huge competition for jobs = terrible wages) and that's combined with insanely high real estate prices because everyone wants to live there(Americans sure, but also enormous buying sprees by Japanese snatching up properties at insane prices all over the islands). And also high cost of living, because everything has to be shipped overseas and not much food and such is produced locally.

Hawaii is a great place to be a kid and a retiree, but it's pretty rough anywhere in the middle. Seems most Hawaiians wind up living in Oregon or something. They want to still be someplace very natural, clean and beautiful; quality of life counts for a lot more than pure bucks.