Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2005, 05:51 AM

Default Re: 30+3 on bubble

does it matter he's the SB? i don't think his strategy really changes much for a few hundred more chips at this level.
Old 11-19-2005, 05:54 AM

you might want to think he is trapping by completing, but odds are he is a moron willing to give you 200 more chips. People complete all the time from the SB with crap hoping to get a free flop and either hit something or buy it. If he completes like this im pushing a lot of hands. I like to think any ace and king for sure
Old 11-19-2005, 05:57 AM

yeah, that makes sense i suppose.

one worry is that if he's big stacked, he'll call my push anyway, and odds are he'll bust me out (say he's 4x or so).

side question, i find it's very hard to get reads on players, since you rarely see their cards and i usually haven't played them before as well. and since late in game everyone is trying to steal usually anyway, if i use this power tools how do you go about rating the players? that really affects their hand range.
Old 11-19-2005, 06:01 AM

If you dont have reads its good to just try and use a "typical" range. What you normally expect until they give you reason to think differently. I 10 table and dont believe reads are really necessary at the 30s because most people are pretty bad.