Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Old 12-13-2005, 09:24 AM

Default Re: ZeeJustin: A Case Study

Why be embaraassed? Most of us would love to trade stats with you.

A side questtion here: Two people have said, or implied, that they meet with more success at pokerparty rather than poker stars. Why would this be? Personally, I only play at stars. Am I missing something?

This is a legitimate question for me, I am very new to on-line tournaments, being far more used to playing live.
Old 12-13-2005, 09:55 AM

Zee, don't let him get to ya. 1st place in Sundays 500k. Nuff said.
Old 12-13-2005, 10:22 AM

Default yo zee

just logged into stars today and saw you won the sunday!

good job bro [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-13-2005, 10:36 AM

Nice job, N82.

How many of us have actually wondered how one of the top players perform at a given site. We all know Zee has some great cashes over the last couple of years. This puts on paper what a lot of players have advocated (ala MLG), that going for a big score is what it's all about. I am a little surprised that he has so few "big" scores on Stars. Again, in Zee's defense this is least frequented site. (I tend to get the worst rivers on Stars which detracts me from the site.)

This is a perfect case study of risking it all to win the top prize.

Great job, Zee. Great observation, N82, whoever you are.

Stipe
Old 12-13-2005, 10:38 AM

Wow, I'm genuinely disapointed in some of the responses in this thread.

Billyjex: N 82 never said this is the end all be all of all [censored] multi's. He specifically used this data to point out that a fantastic player can be losing over a relatively long period of time, due to the insane variance in MTTs. He is not saying "oooh look at me, I run a site that tells you who is good and who is bad." He acknowledged that its just stars.

Zee: He's not talking about satellites. There is NOTHING to be ashamed of. I have your data in front of me too from the site, and wow, you play almost every big buy in tournament on the site. So uh yeah, you didn't ever win the 500k before this, that means nothing. You are a good player because you make good decisions etc etc, it doesn't really matter what specific results you have over a small sample size. N 82 is NOT saying that this is your true ROI, or that before yesterday your true ROI was less or anything like that. Why somebody like you is embaressed... boggles my mind. Oh and lol @ thinking the 3 dollar tournaments will have any significant effect on any piece of data.

Rockin: Way to completely misunderstand the entire purpose of this post. Congratulations.

HEY EVERYBODY: I am down about 11,000 dollars over my last 150 stars MTTs. WOW I MUST BE HORRIBLE AT POKER. Oh wait, 150 MTTs before that, I was up 16,000. I MUST HAVE BEEN GREAT AT POKER FOR THAT STRETCH, RIGHT? No. I'm not ashamed at this... at all. I have a barely positive ROI on stars, I'm up about 3000 over like 450 tournaments. I'm on a terrible run. It happens. On partypoker and UB I definitely have a higher ROI over a smaller sample size, and I couldn't care less what a bunch of people want to interpret my data as. Before about 8 months ago, I wasn't very serious about MTTs and I screwed around in them and I lost a lot. I also played several WCOOPs, and all the 200s, and have 0 cashes in them. All this crap skews my data. There are multiple factors which can contribute to your ROI being not as positive as you would think it *should* be.
Old 12-13-2005, 11:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Rockin: Way to completely misunderstand the entire purpose of this post. Congratulations.

[/ QUOTE ]

ansky maybe you need to reread this yourself, I was responding to Zee's post not N 82's.
Old 12-13-2005, 11:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ansky maybe you need to reread this yourself, I was responding to Zee's post not N 82's.

[/ QUOTE ]

You said this: [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

"Him" is obviously implying N82, and you are saying as if N 82 was insulting Zee, or putting him down in any way. I did not misread.
Old 12-13-2005, 11:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Sobering data to be sure, although as far as im concerned not all that surprising. Whats surprising to me is that Justin thinks there's anything to be embarassed about. These are great stats really. Oh, and anybody who would make the comment "he would be a losing player without his top two cashes" is missing the point of MTTs entirely.

[/ QUOTE ]

the guy that is still massively +ev after taking out his top 2 cashes either
A) never goes really deep
B) rhymes with colson

[/ QUOTE ]

C) Rhymes with JohnnyTax
Old 12-13-2005, 11:45 AM

i wish i had a 888% ROI [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 12-13-2005, 11:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You said this: [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

"Him" is obviously implying N82, and you are saying as if N 82 was insulting Zee, or putting him down in any way. I did not misread.

[/ QUOTE ]

Zee wrote:

"Wow, this is embarrassing. Ok, a few points in my defense."

and I said "Zee, don't let him get to ya."

You did misread, try reading the post that i responded to. Zee said it was embarassing and felt a need to defend himself, hence my remarks.