Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Old 11-29-2005, 05:51 PM

Default Re: I Just Called to Say How Much I Care

there's a chunk of the range you are suggesting (and im not necessarily agreeing with that range) that I would basically never push on the river.
Old 11-29-2005, 05:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If a villain makes a play that makes me go !?!?!?!?!? I almost never put them on as narrow a range as you just did.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's why I'm not good at this.

I really don't know what hand calls off 1/2 his stack with plenty of opportunity to raise unless he doesn't want you to leave the pot, ie. the nuts. Every non-nut hand has a reason to raise on this board, and he doesn't.....unless he has a broadway non-nut flush and is *hoping* you have the nut draw and is waiting to see the river, but his river check doesn't fit into that theory.....I'm lost

My lack of imagination is one of my biggest problems with this game.

Regards,
Woodguy
Old 11-29-2005, 06:00 PM

Haven't read any replies yet...

Anyways, I think you might have a very good hand. I think you would have bet more if you had a lesser flush made on the flop so I think you might have 55. You hit a set on the flop and filled up on the river. You might have the nut flush too. I think villan has the naked ace of diamonds and folded to your push. He might have AK/AQ, again with the A a diamond. He would fold if her had that. If he was slow rolling the AKd/AQd flopped flush he would have called you and I think you would have won with your boat.

Now to see how I did.
Old 11-29-2005, 06:02 PM

I aint imagination your lacking, its the ability to dumb themselves down. People dont raise with a set because "they are afraid of the flush," or they dont bet/raise with Ad because "they don't want to stake their lives on just a draw, or they call with black jacks because, "I have Jacks," so on and so forth.
Old 11-29-2005, 06:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Time for some more hand reading fun. This hand happened in the second level level of this sundays 700k on Stars.

UTG with 2130 opens for 90. He has done some weird things, including betting 700 into a 200 pot at one point. UTG+1 calls the 90 with 2535 behinf. He's pretty decent, but probably slightly too loose. He also likes to call flop raises and cr all-in on the turn (even if his hand isnt quite strong enough to merit it). I call with a couple of cards UTG+2 and 2015. I've been fairly active at the table so far, but haven't seen showdown too often. Fairly nondescript button comes along with 2565. He has overplayed a couple of hands, but not really in a bad manner. BB also tags along with 1990. I have no idea about him. Oh, you won't need all that info, but I'm just putting you in my head preflop (although I'm not letting you see my cards).

Anyway, flop comes Q53 all diamonds. UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, and I bet 240 into the 450 pot. Only UTG, the initial raiser calls. I find this check call odd. Turn is the 7s. UTG checks, I bet 730. UTG calls. River pairs the 30. UTG checks yet again. I push for 1045. Ranges for me and ranges for UTG to call with and fold with.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the clue is that you were surprised by the ceck/call flop. This leads me to believe that you had the nut or 2nd nut flush. He could have KK w/ the diamond.

The other option is you flopped a set of 5's, and he kept you around w/ the flush.
Old 11-29-2005, 06:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the clue is that you were surprised by the ceck/call flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

All I meant by that was that the check call confused me because it didnt really jive with many hands i had in his preflop range.
Old 11-29-2005, 06:43 PM

His UTG raise, then call, call line feels like bigpair/TP with diamond played weakly, or AK/AQ/AJ w/ flushdraw. I don’t think he has a set/twopair. Since there is 2300 in the pot and you push 1000 in I think you have to expect an overpair to call frequently.

I don’t think you bluff into 4 opponents, you’d have raised QQpreflop, wouldn’t have called with two pair preflop, and would likely check behind with KQ, QJ, QT. So I see any made flush, 55,33, AQ, Ad3x and maybe 7d7x or 53 as your range here.

He should call with any flush/boat and maybe trips, maybe overpair

-g
Old 11-29-2005, 06:45 PM

Ok, im going to give this one a try. I have been viewing everyones thoughts and felt I agreed with them at first that you had the boat, however, after re-reading your post I really feel like you flopped a medium flush, giving villian incorrect odds on the turn to shut out the Naked Ace of diamonds or any other diamond he was drawing too. The range I give UTG gun is AQ with the ace of diamonds, or TT-AA with a lone diamond. Assuming an underpair is more likely the way he played it, so lets say TT or JJ with a diamond praying it was good. I dont suspect villian has a set, because I feel he would have played it much faster leading the flop with the 3 diamonds on the board.
Old 11-29-2005, 07:32 PM

Default Results

Ok here we go. I had 56 of spades. Preflop the call is ok, so is a fold. Here's what I saw on the flop. Preflop raiser checks, this seems like a give-up to me (or going for a cr with a big hand). Aggresive tricky player checks, and I think he bets the majority of the time here if he likes his hand. So, I actually think I have a pretty good chance to pick up the pot here. Plus I really want the button to fold here so I can play the rest of the hand in position. Well the button folds as planned, but the original raiser calls. WTF!? So its HU to the turn. He checks again, and now I try to put him on a hand. My gut says a badly played AK+flush draw or JJ/1010+flush draw. Still a chance he's being weird and slowplaying I guess, and also a chance of AQ /AA/KKwith or without hearts. Generally though I think he leads the flop with those, as he isn't really tricky. So I decide to fire again. Once again he calls. Well if he was slowplaying I doubt he's calling again there when it looks like I'm pretty committed to the pot. So the river blanks and he checks what i think is a missed draw 1 more time. Time to get him to fold JJ/1010/99 and hopefully maybe AQ/KQ although I doubt he's good enough to fold those. Then again I just dont see him checking any hand better than JJ on the flop. The fact is that its generally hard for me to be bluffing, but every once in a blue moon if you show up with air here it protects the vast vast majority of time when you have the flush or full house (which is generally what I'd play this way).
Old 11-29-2005, 07:38 PM

Default Re: Results

If you weren't such a good player and vastly superior to me, I would say that your play in this hand sucked.

You are trying to get an idiot to fold who has basically shown that he is incapable of folding. If he folded, I think you got lucky.