Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2005, 02:27 PM

Default Re: Basics: Small pair, one limper

Don't you think that someone who limps frequently from EP with a short stack is the same player who call you with a marginal/trash hand? That's why you can't push here.
Old 10-17-2005, 02:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Blinds had 8k and 10k, respectively. They had also been pretty passive and I thought they would fold to a significant raise (unless they had a monster, of course).

FWIW, I pushed and was called by the limper (A5s) and he caught an ace on the river. I hope I'm not biased by the results, but in retrospect I think fold would have been the best play, mainly because A. my stack was big enough to let this opportunity go and B. that I might be called by the limper.

[/ QUOTE ]

oooh...so he was "trapping" with A5 esentially? lol...

Anyway, you're around that grey fuzzy area where I COULD still just call, but I kinda know its wrong...
Old 10-17-2005, 02:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't you think that someone who limps frequently from EP with a short stack is the same player who call you with a marginal/trash hand? That's why you can't push here.

[/ QUOTE ]

That hasn't been my experience. Of course, I have way less than you and I don't know what stakes this is. In my experience, most frequent limpers are unaware of their stack size and perfectly willing to give me ~10% of their stack.

I definitely think that considering villain's position is pointless.
Old 10-17-2005, 02:43 PM

You put the villain on the correct range of holdings, unfortunately you didn't realize how loose he'd be with his callings. If you know he's limping a lot AND are reasonably certain he won't call off his tournament with garbage like A-rag then I like this push.

Really ugly, ugly play by villain BTW.
Old 10-17-2005, 03:08 PM

Kind of depends on the two dudes in the blinds stack sizes and tendancies to steal. I guess I'd probably call and hope to spike a set. No set no bet though.