Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2005, 06:05 PM

Default Re: So I took the LSATs today....

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Anyone thinking of taking it to become a laywer, dont.

[/ QUOTE ]
How about those of us who just want to take it for fun?

[/ QUOTE ]
If you want fun get a hooker and some coke. If you want to be around a bunch of nitty law students sitting in an uncomfortable chair for three hours shading in choices on a Scantron sheet, then my friend I say knock yourself out.
Old 09-29-2005, 06:07 PM

I almost made a bet with a friend of mine who got an MBA that I would take the GMAT and he the LSAT to see who could do better. It was decided there was a better way to spend our time. But if you like filling out scantron, go for it. Be warned that there is an essay part too. It, however, doesn't count toward your score.
Old 09-29-2005, 06:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
If you want fun get a hooker and some coke. If you want to be around a bunch of nitty law students sitting in an uncomfortable chair for three hours shading in choices on a Scantron sheet, then my friend I say knock yourself out.

[/ QUOTE ]
Part of the fun is being in there not crapping your pants over the whole thing with a couple hundred people who are. I remember the EIT was exactly this. I didn't study for that one, either, but there were people in there who looked like they devoted their whole lives to this exam. I'm sure many of them did for the previous 6 months. It's kind of silly.
Old 09-29-2005, 06:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Be warned that there is an essay part too. It, however, doesn't count toward your score.

[/ QUOTE ]
Pffft... [censored] that.
Old 09-29-2005, 06:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Part of the fun is being in there not crapping your pants over the whole thing with a couple hundred people who are. I remember the EIT was exactly this. I didn't study for that one, either, but there were people in there who looked like they devoted their whole lives to this exam. I'm sure many of them did for the previous 6 months. It's kind of silly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. But wouldn't it be more fun to complete one section and in the middle of the second section have a breakdown, i.e., Spies Like Us (minus the cheating).
Old 09-29-2005, 06:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh yeah, it was especially fun that my wife was one of those who was crapping her pants over the EIT. She blew a gasket how nonchalant I was about the whole thing. She was PISSED when I went without studying and passed the first time through. I don't think I'll be able to do this for the PE, though. There's too much crazy [censored] in that one and it's been too long to be able to remember all the stupid formulas and whatnot. I'm too lazy to put too much effort into it though, so we'll see how that one goes. I think I could've taken it some time right about now, but I guess I'll have to wait until spring.
Old 09-29-2005, 06:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. But wouldn't it be more fun to complete one section and in the middle of the second section have a breakdown, i.e., Spies Like Us (minus the cheating).

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure what's more fun - throwing a crying fit in the middle of it or walking up with it finished way early. I do kind of miss the old undergrad exam days.
Old 09-29-2005, 09:19 PM

Cancel your score while you can, if you want to go to law school. Law schools don't take the highest LSAT score, they average all of the tests you took. So if you get a 145 or something because you were just messing around, you're in bad shape.
Old 09-29-2005, 09:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I look forward to employing your legal services sometime in the future, Mr. Hutz.

[/ QUOTE ]
my legal fee is 3 popsicles.....
Old 09-29-2005, 09:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Part of the fun is being in there not crapping your pants over the whole thing with a couple hundred people who are.

[/ QUOTE ]
2 guys near me were talking about how long they studied and how they couldn't sleep last night blah blah... I was laughing to myself because last night while they were studying and not sleeping, I was having sex with my girlfriend.
Nerds. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]