Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2005, 12:23 PM

Default PL200 6max - AAxx turn decision

Oppo in this hand seems decent - I've seen him multitable these levels and he seems to be succesful in the small amount I have seen him. He's decent and aggressive.

Effective stacks are around $160

I raise UTG T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Villain calls in the BB.
Flop 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I bet pot villain calls.

Turn 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Villain checks. I bet pot - villain checkraises all in.

Easy fold? Check turn?
Old 09-24-2005, 12:36 PM

Default Re: PL200 6max - AAxx turn decision

A decent player here either has a very good draw or is slowplaying a set/top2. You have only an overpair and just picked up a nut flush draw. I would have checked the turn to avoid what happened so as not to give him a chance to run you off or induce you to make a bad odds call. Plus if he is slowplaying a set then you are giving up bluffing rights if the flush/straight draw you don't have gets there when you get allin on the turn.
Old 09-24-2005, 04:00 PM

Default Re: PL200 6max - AAxx turn decision

I check behind on the turn here as well. When he calls your flop bet that shows a lot of strength. You've picked up a good draw to go along with your overpair + top pair. A lot of aggro players like to wait till the turn to push their draws, so you could very well be looking at some combination of straight and flush draws. I'd expect to be bet into on the flop with a set more often then not. But, when he calls the flop I think your FE is just about toast on the turn and I'm taking that lovely little free card and hoping to stack him on a favorable river. Plus, if an obvious blank that completes no draws comes on the river and he leads weak you are in a good spot to steal if the money odds are favorable.