Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2004, 02:59 AM

Default Server Failures ever get you down?

Just got through playing the paradise coral 15.00 NL tourney tonight and was up and down all night but was sitting at the final 2 tables.

I was in 14th spot out of 14 remaining with about 23000 in chips after posting my SB of 3k.

I get 55, a bigger stack was pushing the table around pretty good but was a solid player but I felt I need to make a stand or I wouldn't survive too many more orbits given 2/4K blinds and antes.

I call the bet and he turns over KQx

Flop comes 9 A J

Turn a 4 and then the game is paused. Now I know there are 10 outs that beat me but I had a legit shot at doubling up to 60k and having a playable stack with the final table a distinct possiblity.

Sure the river could've been a T or a Q or a K but we will never now!

The server went down before the card was dealt. All games were paused it took 20 minute to get back on and then 15 minutes for the game to resart.

Oh yeah it resarted with me on the button with 23k in chips. The 55 hand never happened.

How can that be the right thing to do?

Has this ever happened to anyone before?

Hotrod

Thanks for listening to my vent. Oh yeah got blinded to 9k and pushed KJx ran into AK and i was out in 13th.
Old 11-30-2004, 11:37 AM

Default Re: Server Failures ever get you down?

happened to me in the same tourney last night.

I actually was on the losing side. Just as I folded, and the pot was goig to be raked...server error. I got my chips back, the other guy was none too pleased (rightfully so).

Paradise needs to get to work on this server issue. It's happening WAY too much lately.
Old 11-30-2004, 04:12 PM

Default Re: Server Failures ever get you down?

had server issues and disconnect problems with Paradise all the time. went to party poker and pokerstars to play, problem solved!!!!