Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2004, 02:31 PM

Default AJo on a ace-high flop

Did I screw up on every street here?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (7 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, Button calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, BB checks,

Flop: (4.33 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (6.16 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls, Button calls.

River: (14.16 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls, Button folds.

Final Pot: 16.16 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero shows Ah Jc (one pair, aces).
BB shows Qh Ac (two pair, aces and queens).
Outcome: BB wins 16.16 BB. </font>

Maybe I should raise preflop?
I like the raise on the flop. I'm not going to just call down.
So now I've got to bet the turn. And then I've got odds to the gutshot.
This is where I think my biggest leak is. Always calling the river when I'm pretty sure I'm beat. But it's a big pot so I have to call it, right?
Old 08-05-2004, 02:35 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)
Default Re: AJo on a ace-high flop

raise preflop. you're getting 7-1 to call down after being check-raised on the flop, and if BB has you beat, then unless he has AK, you have 4 outs to the whole pot. you really don't have to be ahead all that often to make the call.
Old 08-05-2004, 02:50 PM

Default Re: AJo on a ace-high flop

I raise this hand preflop in this situation.

I think flop and turn are fine.

If you're going to pass the river, you've got to be damn sure you're beaten. Things to consider though: (1) The nature of the BB. Would he checkraise you on the turn with a hand worse than yours? (2) you still have a player to act behind you, although in this case given his play to this point in the hand, maybe not much of a factor.