Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2005, 05:12 PM

Default Re: Haha.... the new Majority Leader is gay

Is Roy Blunt gay also?
Old 09-28-2005, 05:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Tell me where to look it up. Tell me where to find the Republican website that tells people to violently attack gays walking out of bars. Opposing gay marriage is not the same as violently attacking people. Or do you think it is?

[/ QUOTE ]

Same mindset, different weapons. They both hate gay people. Some use fists, some use politics, some use the bible. Shades of gray.
Old 09-28-2005, 06:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Same mindset, different weapons. They both hate gay people. Some use fists, some use politics, some use the bible. Shades of gray.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that really fair? Example: mainstream environmentalists criticize the timber industry. A guy named Teddy Kaczsinksi murders a California timber executive. Is that the same thing? They both hate the timber industry, so mainstream peaceful people should be lumped in the same category as violent fringe people?

That is what you are saying about these "anti-gay" people. Lump everyone in the same category. Isn't that intelectually lazy and unfair?
Old 09-28-2005, 06:07 PM

Crticism is free speech.

Legislating hatred is a different beast.

What ever happened to the good old "Don't tread on me"? Long gone... Now we shall all succomb to the lowest common denominator. Or, in the present day -- follow our leader who's doing "God's work".

Rid the world of these abominations/gays. And if you can't do that -- legislate them into little boxes.
Old 09-28-2005, 06:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Crticism is free speech.

What ever happened to the good old "Don't tread on me"? Long gone... Now we shall all succomb to the lowest common denominator. Or, in the present day -- follow our leader who's doing "God's work".

Rid the world of these abominations/gays. And if you can't do that -- legislate them into little boxes.

[/ QUOTE ]

By legislating them into little boxes, I assume you mean not allowing gay marriage? Gay marriage has never been legal. By keeping the status quo, I am not sure how you translate that into an all out assault on gays.

Give me an example of something that gays could do before Bush and company took over, that they cannot do now thanks to those horrible anti-gay bigots. As far as I know, life for gays is better now in the US, then at any other time in the country's history.
Old 09-28-2005, 06:27 PM

I believe the gay rights forum is across the street at

www.letuswed.com

Can we get back to the politics and not the sexuality of aforementioned politician?
Old 09-28-2005, 06:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Crticism is free speech.

[/ QUOTE ]

Congratulations on vaulting into the lead of the race for worst poster on 2+2 Politics.
Old 09-28-2005, 07:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"Culture of life" party at it's finest/purist.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you know for a fact that people throwing rocks at others were registered Republicans? I seriously doubt anybody vile enough to do that is the type who votes or participates in the political process.

[/ QUOTE ]

Guaranteed they weren't liberal democrats..and if any of em were voters..I'm sure they pulled the lever for W.

Guilt by association? Nah..that is unfair [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Frank
Old 09-28-2005, 07:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Guaranteed they weren't liberal democrats..and if any of em were voters..I'm sure they pulled the lever for W.

Guilt by association? Nah..that is unfair

Frank

[/ QUOTE ]

It sure is unfair. I am sure those radical environmentalists who burn down housing developments are more likely to have voted for Kerry than Bush, but I don't believe they are in any way representative of Kerry or mainstream Democrats/liberals.

I am consistent on this matter. I don't believe in lumping radicals in with mainstream thought, even if they might agree on some issues.
Old 09-28-2005, 08:35 PM

http://politicalwire.com/archives/20...hy_dreier.html

Either they listened to me, or there's some in-fighting going on in the Republican Party.