Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2005, 03:30 PM

Default Re: Does anyone here use Vonage?

I use Vonage, have no problems, and love the $16.xx bill. Unfortunately, I was not able to transfer my existing number, so we had to keep the bare minimum of landline service, which is ~$20. Overall, I'm still saving almost half each month.
Old 11-28-2005, 04:45 AM

I was considering on signing up for Vonage. The 500 min for $14.95 plan seems like all I need. How soon does it take for the equipment to get sent to your place and the number to get connected? The first month is free right?
Old 11-28-2005, 10:31 AM

I use Vonage and it's great IMO. While reliability of your cable provider could be an issue, it's not a big deal to configure Vonage to route your calls to your cell phone as a back up (in case the internet connection is down). Since I use my cell phone a lot already, I definitely don't mind paying a lot less for the slight possibility of having to use my cell phone as a back up every once in a rare while.
Old 11-28-2005, 10:34 AM

i use packet8 (packet8.net)

it's 19.99 for UNLIMITED, which includes anywhere in the US plus Canada and Mexico ( i believe)...also, calls to UK, China, etc are like .05/minute
Old 11-28-2005, 01:07 PM

My Vonage switch went as smooth as silk. Line transferred without problem. I especially love the unlimited long distance.

ScottieK
Old 11-28-2005, 01:11 PM

I got the equipment about a week after I signed up. Yes, the first month is free. NOTE: Make sure you read and follow the instructions re: installation of the phone router. I thought I was a network computer guy who could just install it and do whatever. You need to turn off the computer and your cable modem and reboot things in a certain sequence. After I did that, no problem.

ScottieK