Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2005, 02:47 PM

Default Could I have taken this whole pot?

There is nothing more upsetting to me than a hand that I have to split with another player. In this particular hand, I felt as if I had the upper hand, until the villian reraises on the river. At that point I think he's slow playing AK. I then get scared. Obviously I'm an emotional poker player. My read on villian is 44 hands with a 35%VPIP 4% PF raise and wins 83% of showdowns. Given the read, would reraising the turn and bet/raising the river have gotten villian out? Is it the correct move anyway?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB :#A500AF(Villian)/ calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Villian checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Villian calls.

Turn: (3.25 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Villian checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Villian raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7.25 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Villian bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9.25 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Villian has Jh Ah (one pair, aces).
Hero has Ac Js (one pair, aces).
Outcome: Hero wins 4.62 BB. Villian wins 4.62 BB. </font>
Old 12-14-2005, 03:22 PM

Default Re: Could I have taken this whole pot?

Only the weakest of weak-tight would fold top pair, solid kicker heads up for one bet, or to a raise or reraise.

You're going to get a chop here about 99 percent of the time and there's nothing you can do about it.
Old 12-14-2005, 03:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There is nothing more upsetting to me than a hand that I have to split with another player.

[/ QUOTE ]

How about losing a hand to another player?

As far as the hand, you played it fine. Don't be results-oriented. Also, don't post the results, it may bias commentary about the hand. I wouldn't worry as much about him slowplaying AK as having two pair or something, but he will have a worse ace a decent amount of the time too, so you just call down against most people. Also your read tells us nothing about his postflop aggression, and 44 hands is too small to really gauge anything by anyway. But seeing as how he plays 35% of his hands, your hand is looking alright against his range but not great. Doesn't seem like an "Any ace" type of player. So just call down.
Old 12-14-2005, 06:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Could I have taken this whole pot?

[/ QUOTE ]

River the nut flush on sixth street.