Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2005, 05:35 PM

Default $10 rebuy/AO: AQo UTG

Sitting nice with about 14,000 at 150/300/50.

I limp, four call to a flop of AQT, three-suited.

I bet out 1200 and get one caller in UTG+1. He started the hand with about 22,000.

Turn is a rag. I bet another 1,200 and get called.

River is a J. Yuck. I check and call a bet of 5,000, hoping my opponent caught a smaller two pair and not his gutshot.

Three questions:

1. Raise this preflop? I know we're not supposed to play superstitions or trends, but I have more bad luck with AQ than any other hand. Have I taken T.J.'s advice too much to heart about AQ?

2. When I'm just called on the flop, is it time to make my opponent pay on the turn with a huge bet? Or do I want to bet just enough to make him want to chase, even though he's not getting the odds to do so?

3. Do you call the river bet?
Old 12-05-2005, 06:09 PM

Default Re: $10 rebuy/AO: AQo UTG

Raise preflop to 900. Flop is fine. Bet more on turn, like 2.5-3k. Since you bet the turn so small, I'd lead the river for about 3k and fold to a push.
Old 12-05-2005, 07:40 PM

Default Re: $10 rebuy/AO: AQo UTG

I think the hand was played well. And trust me, I totally see what you're sayin about AQ, it's my nemesis. I like the defensive check-call on the river, you're protecting yourself from a tough decision if you bet out and he pushes, while still getting value here for what figures to be the best hand.