Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Family Guy or Married With Children
(4) The Family Guy 137 68.84%
(5) Married With Children 62 31.16%
Voters: 199. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-27-2005, 04:48 PM

Default Re: Blatantly racist posts

dont you have anything better to do with your life OP?

the P.C police can all [censored] off the planet for all i care.
Old 09-27-2005, 04:54 PM

nor are they under any obligation to restrict posts like that. the content on OOT is usually pretty inappropriate anyway, so just leave things be.
Old 09-27-2005, 04:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Shutup kike.

[/ QUOTE ]

we should gather all the people up in america who dont understand 'satire' and set them on fire.
Old 09-27-2005, 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
while i think, from time to time, there is racially offensive stuff here - i think it's much more often that people are being a little too 'pc' for my tastes.

if people can get dave chappele's humor here - they have to also understand when others are trying to mimic it.

most people who are really offended by some of this stuff need to take a deep breath and see if they can see it from the point of view (and tounge in cheek style) which it's presented.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is why I added the line "Some of the posts are harmless and are not meant to be taken seriously" to my OP. And also why the question involved the words "repeated" and "blatant" when it comes to the racist posts.
Old 09-27-2005, 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
while i think, from time to time, there is racially offensive stuff here - i think it's much more often that people are being a little too 'pc' for my tastes.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-27-2005, 04:58 PM

i think unless the racism is totally out of line or inciting dangerous actions, it should be allowed. i am so tired of whiney ass liberal PC crackpots thinking every reference to race is improper and should be censored. most of you don't even know what you are talking about when it comes to the subject. anyway, if you dont like the content of a post then dont read it.
Old 09-27-2005, 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ignore the trolls and they will go away. Post polls about them and they'll multiply.

Swede

[/ QUOTE ]

Outstanding observation. They feed on attention. They have to have attention to exist. Their pitiful lives have an insatiable appetite for attention.

How many "marches," in this country and others, would happen if the cameras weren't there?
Old 09-27-2005, 05:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is why I added the line "Some of the posts are harmless and are not meant to be taken seriously" to my OP. And also why the question involved the words "repeated" and "blatant" when it comes to the racist posts.

[/ QUOTE ]

personally i think this is ridiculous. i see lots of posts someone else calls "blatantly racist" that i don't find blatant at all. also, in general i don't think anyone should be under any obligation to not hurt someone else's feelings. it's your own problem if you get hurt by something an idiot says. with that said, i also believe the people that own the forum should able to make whatever rules they want.
Old 09-27-2005, 05:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think unless the racism is...inciting dangerous actions, it should be allowed.

[/ QUOTE ]

even then, in my opinion. the person committing the dangerous act is the violent one, not the total moron that called him the name.
Old 09-27-2005, 05:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

If it were only so simple. Besides, there are (non-troll) posters on here with thousands of posts who will take any opportunity they can to spout off their hate, while still making "normal" posts for the most part.

[/ QUOTE ]

No... I'm pretty sure istewart was just a troll