Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2005, 03:26 PM

Default AA

Okay so i don't like posting AA hands but i thought the turn was pretty interesting so here it is.

Party 2/4. UTG is a little loose and passive. MP2 is TAG.

Pre flop: UTG limps, folds to MP2 who raises, folds to me in the sb and i make it three with A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], bb folds UTG calls two and MP2 calls.

Flop(3 players 10sb): K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
I bet, UTG raises, MP2 folds, i 3-bet, UTG caps and i call.

Turn(2 players 9bb): 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
I?

Okay this card either really helps me or really hurts me but it certainly changed the way i planned on playing the turn. Bet out or check/raise and what is your plan if raised or 3-bet?
Old 12-14-2005, 03:35 PM

Default Re: AA

I can't see how this card really hurts you. I'd probably bet out and just call him down if he raises.
Old 12-14-2005, 03:35 PM

Unless he was overplaying A5 or something I don't see how the card hurt you. If he had a set other than 55 you were drawing to 2 outs anyway, if had 55 you were pretty screwed anyway. But I think KJ is a hand you'll see a lot here. I kind of like bet/calling down, as I really don't want 4 bets to go in before showdown.

I also considered calling and c/ring the river or something, but that seems too cute and besides he still might 3-bet KJ here, either b/c he thinks you have AK and still has you or b/c he doesn't realize AA has him beat here. So I'd bet/call down.
Old 12-14-2005, 03:36 PM

The only hands UTG could limp with that warrant this much action are KJ and 55, and I'm not about to put him on quads on the turn.

Yes, he could have K5 or J5, leaving you to two outs. More likely, he'll overplay his KJ. You shouldn't worry if he raises, but even though you're probably ahead, you have to guard against the event that you're not, slim as it might be.

Bet the turn and make it 3 if raised. If he caps, check/call an unimproved river.
Old 12-14-2005, 03:39 PM

Nice turn card. My bad, I mixed up the preflop action. I'd bet/3-bet.
Old 12-14-2005, 03:42 PM

What would UTG limp with and then cap the flop after these cards fall? You have to feel like he'd raise preflop with KK or JJ. My guess is he has a K but not two of them. He may have two pair, Ks and Js. Is he so loose he'd have K-5 or J-5? That's pretty loose from UTG. I guess he could have pocket 5s. Possible but not very likely.

I don't see how the turned 5 hurts you (though it may kill you [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]), but I can see how it might help you, by giving you two pair.

I'd bet/3-bet the turn. If he 4-bets, call and check the river. I think the chances of you being ahead are great enough that you should be aggressive here, rather than going to c/c,c/c.

Edit: I don't think he'd bet the flop this way with A-5 for just bottom pair.

Just my $.02 worth...
bill
Old 12-14-2005, 03:46 PM

I wouldn't even put him on KJ. I'd think if he was just a little loose, I would think that with AKs or even AKo he'd be happy just getting in 3 bets before the flop. If he has AK he's waiting to hit and pick up a flush draw if he gets lucky. I'd put him on an AK and he thinks that nobody can beat his kicker. I'd think he has K's and 5's with the A after the turn.
Old 12-14-2005, 03:50 PM

What might UTG have here? He may have KJo in which case the 5 is really good for you, or he may have, KK, Kx, JJ, or 55, or J5 (how crazy loose/passive is he?). . . Since he is a passive, this guy capping the flop has something!

I would bet to gain info . . . if he is ahead he will most likely raise. If he has kings up (or worse) and the 5 didn't help him much, he will most likely call. (again, assuming he is passive).

If he calls you will probably win the hand. If he raises you probably lose . . . can you give some expamples/stats at to why you say he is loose/passive? (if he is super passive I would fold to a turn raise, otherwise I call down)
Old 12-14-2005, 03:51 PM

AK wouldn't limp before the flop, which is what UTG did.

UTG is the aggressor in this hand, not the pre-flop raiser. They're two different people.

Villian here doesn't have AK. Take that to the bank.
Old 12-14-2005, 03:53 PM

bet out, KJ will call you down.

If you just check, he might check KJ behind and you loose a bet. You cannot fold though, if you get raised on the turn, check call.

If you c/r and get 3-bet what do you do? Can you fold?