Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-20-2005, 08:43 PM

Default impossible to beat cardroom 4/8 game?

i play a 4/8 HE game at a local cardroom where 5 of the 10 seats are house players (when there aren't enough players to make the full ring). my problem isn't with the live players.

the house players seem to play with house money (unlimited BR) and call to showdown if they hold any 2 suited connectors, underpairs or 2nd and 3rd pair. i get out-drawn constantly despite defensive betting (my overpairs vs. flush/straight draws, and my overpairs vs. drawn sets).

any tips?
Old 05-20-2005, 08:51 PM

Default Re: impossible to beat cardroom 4/8 game?

Make them pay for their draws and you will come out ahead in the long run.
Old 05-20-2005, 09:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i play a 4/8 HE game at a local cardroom where 5 of the 10 seats are house players (when there aren't enough players to make the full ring). my problem isn't with the live players.

the house players seem to play with house money (unlimited BR) and call to showdown if they hold any 2 suited connectors, underpairs or 2nd and 3rd pair. i get out-drawn constantly despite defensive betting (my overpairs vs. flush/straight draws, and my overpairs vs. drawn sets).

any tips?

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't beat players who will call your top pair with bottom pair? You can't beat players who only get 1-1 on their money when they're 22-1 to hit a set?

Is that what you're saying?
Old 05-20-2005, 09:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

any tips?

[/ QUOTE ]

where is this???
Don't Bluff!
Old 05-20-2005, 10:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

where is this???
Don't Bluff!

[/ QUOTE ]

sounds like heaven. don't bluff, play more suited cards and connectors since by your description they sound loose and passive(perfect for cheap draws). erase the memory of a suckout each time your top pair beats their underpair.
Old 05-21-2005, 04:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]

any tips?

[/ QUOTE ]

ummm..
this should help
Old 05-21-2005, 05:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]

any tips?

[/ QUOTE ]

wow. im speechless
Old 05-21-2005, 08:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]

any tips?

[/ QUOTE ]

Where is your card room, your post made me decide that it's time to move.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 05-21-2005, 09:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
any tips?

[/ QUOTE ]

Stop sucking.

Also, read SSH.
Old 05-21-2005, 01:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

any tips?

[/ QUOTE ]

no. this game is unbeatable.

i suggest leaving town.