Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-2005, 12:47 AM

Default 77 w/ shortie all-in

Should I have raised more to isolate? just called?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t100 (7 handed) converter

UTG (t610)
MP1 (t235)
Hero (t1310)
CO (t2335)
Button (t905)
SB (t680)
BB (t1925)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises to t235 (All-In)</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t370</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls t370, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: (t1125) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

Turn: (t1125) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>

River: (t1125) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: t1125

Also, any criticism about checking it down?
Old 08-14-2005, 12:52 AM

Default Re: 77 w/ shortie all-in

If you're playing this hand you should just push preflop. You want to keep it heads up, and any reasonable raise commits you to the pot anyway.

This might just be a fold though, since you aren't miles ahead the shortie, there isn't that much dead money in the pot and there are 4 people left to act.
Old 08-14-2005, 12:53 AM

i think you played it fine and see nothing wrong w/ checking down. actually, the emphasis should be on the other player who called you reraise. something tells me he has overcards that did'nt connect.
Old 08-14-2005, 01:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i think you played it fine and see nothing wrong w/ checking down. actually, the emphasis should be on the other player who called you reraise. something tells me he has overcards that did'nt connect.

[/ QUOTE ]

you should really know who you are giving advice to. thats all im sayin
Old 08-14-2005, 01:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i have'nt giving him any advice. he asked for a comment on his play and i gave it. simple as that. considering how the hand played out, looks like Hero/OP played it fine to me. if he did'nt, i'll leave it up to you to correct him.
Old 08-14-2005, 01:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i have'nt giving him any advice. he asked for a comment on his play and i gave it. simple as that. considering how the hand played out, looks like Hero/OP played it fine to me. if he did'nt, i'll leave it up to you to correct him.

[/ QUOTE ]

dude, im just sayin, you really should know who you are commenting about on a public forum, thats all.
Old 08-14-2005, 01:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

dude, im just sayin, you really should know who you are commenting about on a public forum, thats all.

[/ QUOTE ]

dude, i'm just saying, i don't understand what your line is.
Old 08-14-2005, 01:18 AM

Come on guys... What happened to peace, love and happiness and all that? Let's not turn this thread into another childish argument, please? OP asked for advice so couldn't we stick to the topic for their sake?
Old 08-14-2005, 01:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

dude, i'm just saying, i don't understand what your line is.

[/ QUOTE ]

my line is simply, you should really know who you are commenting to...thats all.

ps. to the original poster, in exchange for usurping your thread, i will comment on the hand below.
Old 08-14-2005, 01:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Come on guys... What happened to peace, love and happiness and all that? Let's not turn this thread into another childish argument, please? OP asked for advice so couldn't we stick to the topic for their sake?

[/ QUOTE ]

i simply commented on his [OP's] play [no advice given or intended]. i don't know what johnnybeef's issue is.