Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2004, 01:07 AM

Default PartyPoker

How do you find the good tables at Party Poker? Ultimate bet gives you flop % and average pot size. Party just gives you pot size.
Old 11-11-2004, 02:11 AM

Default Re: PartyPoker

I like tables with around avg. pot size, which for my limit is about 6-7 BBs. There are tables with higher pot sizes with long waiting lists, these are the tables that eventually turn into rockfests.

I mostly use my notes on 22,000 players (Thanks PT) to figure out what tables to play.
Old 11-11-2004, 02:46 AM

I think it's easy to find a good table, the hard thing is to find a bad table.

It seems to me that party has so many games that if you're unhappy with the table you're on you can just leave it and join another.

Jim
Old 11-11-2004, 07:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How do you find the good tables at Party Poker? Ultimate bet gives you flop % and average pot size. Party just gives you pot size.

[/ QUOTE ]

You sit down. If you are on party poker, and it is 10/20 or below, it is a good table.
Old 11-11-2004, 12:22 PM

As someone pointed out earlier, the tables with high Av. Pot, usually fill up with rocks pretty quick. However, I figure new players arent very selective with table selection and therefore just go to the first table with a free space. Therefore I usually pick a table with around 3-6 players and a high Av. Pot. It usually fills up nicely.

Saying that, there are so many good tables, I'm not sure my method is any better than the next...
Old 11-11-2004, 12:54 PM

As soon as I log on, I do a search for my "buddies," which is composed of the worst of the worst players in my Pokertracker DB. I try not to play at a table without at least one of my buddies at it.

Best advice I can give you is to build a good Pokertracker DB and keep a buddy list.

But, as another poster notes, there are so many bad players at Party that it's hard to find a tough table. If you stumble upon a tough table, it should only take you 30 hands or so to find out, at which point you can find a new one.