Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2005, 12:33 AM

Default Re: Super Thurs. Hand

You are overbetting preflop and on the flop, leaving you stuck to the hand. I'd raise to 50-60 preflop, and had I reached the spot you did, would have bet out 200 or so on the flop. I probably also would have checked the turn, because given that there is an all in player, the call on the flop may be more significant; I'd rather induce him to bluff in if I have him beat.
Old 10-28-2005, 12:42 AM

Default Re: Super Thurs. Hand

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think I was getting a little impatient and saw how terrible my table was and wanted to take advantage with a decent hand, so thats why I raised.

[/ QUOTE ]

very bad reasoning imho

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? I think this is pretty good reasoning really. I mean, let's say you have a few people at your table that will call any raise up to say 8x the BB with A9 or better or any 2 broadway cards. I think making a bigger than average raise with AQ here is certainly a good play. What do you think is wrong with the reasoning? I mean, I can see that building a huge pot out of position with AQ might not be the best idea in the world, but the reason he gave (that horrible players will call with horrible hands) seems like a reason to make the bigger raise.

I mean, if a raise to 60 is nearly assured of getting called in 4 places, it seems like you might as well limp.