Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2005, 12:20 PM

Default and one month later, time to move up again?

So just about exactly a month ago I made a post about moving up to 3/6. Everyone seemed very supportive of the idea, so I decided to take a shot. I caught pretty well at the 3/6 full running about 5BB/100 for 2000 hands. Then the 3/6 6-max tables opened up, and i was reluctant to play in them. I wasn't diligent in table selection enough and my 3/6 full winrate went down to an overall average of about 3.5BB/100 for 3000 hands (including the 2000 previously mentioned). However, the real story is my 6-max game. I played about 11,000 hands and have averaged 5.14BB/100. So now I find myself crushing this 3/6 game. I have made more than enough money to be rolled for the 5/10 game. So, naturally I'm thinking about moving up again.

Do you guys recommend taking the shot? Or do you think it might be prudent to play some more hands at 3/6 first? Even with the relatively small amount of hands I have now I got that I'm my 95% confidence interval is between 2 and 8BB/100. Although, i'd be willing to bet that my true winrate isn't 8BB/100...

Also, any suggestions and thoughts on the differences between 5/10 and 3/6? Any things I should read before taking the shot?
Old 07-31-2005, 12:28 PM

Default Re: and one month later, time to move up again?

You must play good.

If you're numbers are for real you should take the shot at the 5/10. Do some data-mining first and so on, but you should be fine.
Old 07-31-2005, 12:57 PM

Default Re: and one month later, time to move up again?

expect the average PFR to be about 3 points higher. and still expect to take ridiculously bad beats like you are used to in 3/6. some absolutely mind boggling calls... so yes, move up.