Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2005, 08:08 PM

Default The turn donkbet - Defense?

I was thinking about it today, and figured my biggest weakness is that my hands true strength is pretty much completely revealed on the turn. I think many of us will have the same problem.

The way to take advantage of my weakness, though most of the people who do it have no idea what they're doing, is to lead out with a donkbet on the turn.

When im stealing with QTs or whatever, and the board comes raggety with 1 spade down, or maybe a gutshot straight draw or whatever. The first move is always a bet or raise to take that free river card that we all love. But when the turn is a blank and the kid bets out again on the turn, I feel like a real jackass folding after I had raised the flop. And it really isnt good for the table image either.

I really cant think of a way to counter it. Against dumb players who just like to lead out with a bet, I know they'll end up doing it at the wrong time and paying me off later, they arent my problem.

But if a thinking player who knows how to fold decided to toss out the donkbet every time I tried to steal, I think I would seriously be in trouble.

Any counters to this nuisance?