Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-2005, 02:45 AM

Default JJ 2nd internet hand

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

UTG+2 ($22.25)
MP1 ($20.50)
MP2 ($24.50)
Hero ($38.20)
CO ($5.45)
Button ($25.20)
SB ($95.04)
BB ($9.15)
UTG ($19.68)
UTG+1 ($26.45)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.10.
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1.25</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB (poster) calls $1.15, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: ($2.75) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $1</font>, Hero calls $1.

Turn: ($4.75) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $2</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $7</font>, SB calls $5.

River: ($18.75) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $18.75

This internet stuff is kind've fun. I thought the flop call was pretty bad, but I figure if I hit my A/9, it is very unlikely for another to hold the J.

The river was tough- I wanted to value bet bad but pussed out. Is this a value bet?
Old 12-03-2005, 03:01 AM

Default Re: JJ 2nd internet hand

Hes not going to check a flush to you the majority of the time, you are missing value here from a wide range of two pair hands. You should bet for value here, in the 10 dollar range and more if you think he would call.
Old 12-03-2005, 03:02 AM

Yes, why would the 3rd heart scare you off. I really dont think a flush is what he was after. But first of all you should have raised the flop to see how you stood against his holdings. Then he is going to check turn with straight or not unless he's aggr. and you can fire out a bet. If you get raised here you can be pretty sure he has the straight as well so your just chopping the pot. If he just calls this bet then he either has something like 2 pair, but i would be semi worried about a flush the way i played it. The timid way you play it, you have to get some value off your hand on the river. Just bet about 1/3 or a little less, something that 2 pair would HAVE to call.
Old 12-03-2005, 03:07 AM

I like the flop call. Any A/9 makes your hand. Any heart makes your hand bluffable. If you raise it now, you can't bluff the flush in all likelihood. On the river, you have to bet it. He's not likely to have the flush. And a smallish bet will get looked up by alot of m ade hands here.
Old 12-03-2005, 03:11 AM

I think a flush is reasonably likely given his line. I'd check behind.
Old 12-03-2005, 03:13 AM

I don't know, I was just afraid of a gigantic c/r. I think this river would have been more intresting if I had been OOP.
Old 12-03-2005, 03:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The river was tough- I wanted to value bet bad but pussed out. Is this a value bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

Good to see you on the internet now, but why starting so low? Surely you have the roll to play bigger than 25nl?
Old 12-03-2005, 03:31 AM

This is off my friends account. first post regarding internet poker

I am actually playing a bit on a friend's account. He is a decent player, but for the most part, I still have not convinced my parents to let me play yet. I will try asking them over x-mas break I suppose.

And team, yes, I do have a bigger roll- but I planned (and still plan) on depositing $500 on a site. These questions, however, will be asked when I am able to get my own account /net teller/parent approval. Hopefully you guys can give some good answers like last time.

btw, I ran hot for this first day and won like..7 buy-ins. varience rules for now.
Old 12-03-2005, 04:19 AM

I put in a full raise on turn. You're going to be less than excited to see 20 cards on river. And if if i price out flush draw, as much as possible at NL 25, i bet river. First, he probably isnt checking his flush. Second, he's not getting crazy with a bluff river c/r. So value bet river.
Old 12-03-2005, 04:32 AM

Orange,

just read that thread, and rather than bumping it i'll respond here:

1. You're no longer under your parents roof. At this point, parental approval is nice, but not necessary. It's time to start making your own decisions (and taking responsibility for them). Want to play poker? Go for it. If dad asks about it don't lie, but don't act like it's something you need permission for either. You're not going to call him to see if it's allright to hook up with your freshman advisor for a night of drunken monkey sex.

2. poker is not an all-consuming force that will suck you in until you have no time for anyone or anything else. Once you start multitabling you'll probably find it a chore to put in more than 10 or 15 hours a week. As far as hobbies go it's less time consuming than most.

If you're still looking for advice on sites, i'd recommend paradise first, generous sign up bonus with the Granny code and you won't have to sweat not getting a rakeback deal (they don't have them).