Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-2005, 12:47 PM

Default my shorthanded limit guide, rip me apart

it's come to my attention that some people here have read it. and also the dude at poker chronicles did a rather harsh review of it. since the original thread has drifted off to a different discussion, i'd like to start this new thread for you guys to go through my guide and correct any glaring mistakes.

first off, there are mistakes. the two obvious ones i've noticed so far is mentioning that PT is useless for NL. this is wrong. also i may have over exagerated top pair in full ring games, suggesting they never win. they just win their fair share, that's it.

here's the original link for those that haven't come across it yet
http://www.flopturnriver.com/6-Max-Limit-Guide.html

this was intended as a beginner's guide to shorthanded games, with enough experience at full ring games. so, most of it is standard advice. i don't think anyone can write a guide beyond the beginner stage mainly because shorthanded limit is read dependent game. many people have said there are holes in it, but haven't said anything specific. i'm going back to make a revision so i would like some feedback.

something i didn't stress enough (don't know if i did) in my guide was adjusting to the table situation. in my summary i recommend folding to the turn raise because it's rarely a bluff. i haven't played party's 5/10 yet (because i'm under bankrolled) but i know that game is flooded with LAGs that are more than happy to bluff raise the turn....so that will deserve some mentioning.

anyways, load your guns and take your shot!