Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2005, 02:02 AM

Default set of 2\'s, 4 to straight on the turn

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP3 folds, CO calls, SB calls.
<font color="purple">
i was torn whether i should check raise this low straight board, but i figured chances are no one would play such low cards and decided to build the pot instead.</font>

Turn: (5.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, Hero calls, CO calls $3 (All-In).
<font color="purple">
well what an awful card. now anyone playing their "favourite hand" with a 5 just got me screwed. i raised to find out. capped back to me, i know i would be paid off huge if the board pairs.</font>

River: (17.25 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.
<font color="purple">
no dice...crying call.</font>

Final Pot: 19.25 BB
<font color="#009B00">Main Pot: 16.75 BB, between CO, SB and Hero.</font>
<font color="#009B00">Pot 2: 2.50 BB, between SB and Hero.</font>
<font color="purple">
questions:
was it correct to build the pot on the flop, or check raise to thin the field?

on the turn should i fold to the cap?

on the river is it even worth the crying call even though i'm pretty sure i'm beat? </font>
Old 02-02-2005, 02:07 AM

Default Re: set of 2\'s, 4 to straight on the turn

Whoa, too much craziness there. In general, check-raising the turn "for information" is way too expensive an endeavor. Lead the turn, see what happens. If it's raised you may be behind, but you can't think about folding, as you have 10 outs to fill up or better.