Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2005, 08:30 AM

Default A few different questions...

I have a few questions and I wonder if someone could point me in the right direction...

1. How many hands do you need before you can say with some degree of certainty that the BB/100 hands is close to being a true reflection of the truth in 6max-games. 10 k hands? 20k? 50k?

2. What are your routines on notes for players? Do you have a spreadsheet with everybodys screen name? Do you use the box for every player at Party?

3. I downloaded Bisons file for the definition of different player types. However, those definitions are for full ring games. Does anybody have suggestions of alterations to fit 6-max better?

4. Is it possible to have been lucky for 20k hands and show a winrate of about 3,2 BB/100 hands and after that reality hits?

5. Does anybody have stats that are normal for PT on the % and BB for pairs, AK etc etc?

I appreciate all help...
My poker confidence is going down real quickly...
Old 09-14-2005, 09:02 AM

Default Re: A few different questions...

You will find all the answers to your questions by using the search facility, they have all been discussed thoroughly before.
Old 09-14-2005, 09:07 AM

well I havent found anything regarding 6max only FULL ring game when it comes to notes, PT stats...
Old 09-14-2005, 09:13 AM

1. How many hands do you need before you can say with some degree of certainty that the BB/100 hands is close to being a true reflection of the truth in 6max-games. 10 k hands? 20k? 50k?

50k minimum.

2. What are your routines on notes for players? Do you have a spreadsheet with everybodys screen name? Do you use the box for every player at Party?

Both.

3. I downloaded Bisons file for the definition of different player types. However, those definitions are for full ring games. Does anybody have suggestions of alterations to fit 6-max better?

Dono, know them but do without them imho. Use numbers and notes instead.

4. Is it possible to have been lucky for 20k hands and show a winrate of about 3,2 BB/100 hands and after that reality hits?

Ooooh yes! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] You can run good forever (50 k hands) and then run bad forever... [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

5. Does anybody have stats that are normal for PT on the % and BB for pairs, AK etc etc?

What is normal in this game? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] /v
Old 09-14-2005, 09:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you have 3.2BB/100 after 20K hands you are almost certainly a winning player. However, and partly judging from your questions, probably not by that much. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Nothing wrong with being a 2BB/100 winner, in fact that is very good.