Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-20-2005, 10:17 AM

Default Re: Best Online Omaha Hi Lo 1-2 to 5-10 Games?

[ QUOTE ]
I am just learning Limit O8, and I belong to several sites.

I always see Party games at the .5/1 level. I am told there are games at higher levels as well, but I can't speak from experience.

The former Party skins (Empire, etc.) rarely have any games going over .5/1. Weekday evenings only have around 3 tables of .5/1 as well.

Absolute seems to have some games going every US evening. The trend lately has been for .25/.5 to be full, .5/1 to be empty, and 1/2 to be full. Above that, I usually see some action at 3/6. I haven't looked at anything higher.

Absolute also has LO8 6-max games, which I've ignored at my current stage of development.

I have not played LO8 on PokerStars, but I know they have a few games going for sure.

In summary ... consider Party and/or Absolute and/or PokerStars.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto what BruinEric said about Absolute. I have been playing there regularly for the last few months in the 2/4 up to the 15/30 games (should one of those happen to break out).

There are nearly always one or two 5/10 games going and numerous 2/4 and 3/6 tables, either full or 6-max, and I agree, most players can be found there at in the U.S. evenings.
Since there aren't that many tables running it is easy to see that there is a core of regular players who populate most of the games with the occassional LAG or two thrown in for grins. The other night I saw the rare sight of a nearly full 15/30, two full 10/20s, and a couple more 5/10 tables, however there were numerous people playing three of these tables at once.