Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2005, 06:18 PM

Default Since there\'s no girl problem thread on 1st page....

...I'll post my recent problem which is upsetting me, although im not sure if i should even be upset.

So I met this girl a month ago. The night we met, we clicked and there was something about her that I really liked. So yadda yadda yadda, we start hanging out. We talked everyday and hung out often. Everything was going great. I liked her. She liked me. It's not like it was really serious after a month, but only a blind man could not see something was developing that would be more serious.

Before I continue with the story, there are some points that need to be made. This fall, we both are going abroad. I'm going to Rome, while she is going to London. I obviously go to Wake Forest and she goes to Villanova, which is where we're both pretty much from (right outside Philadelphia).

So fastforward to last night, we're talking and she then says that she's been thinking that we should just be friends and not start "anything" because of the fact that we both are going abroad and the long distance thing wouldn't work for her (she was previously in a long distance relationship that didn't work and she promised she'd never to that again). I knew exactly where she was coming from and those exact thoughts had crossed my mind before. So while that was discouraging, I felt like I could get over it because I'd see her and be with her when we both got back from Europe (as great as it would be to come back to this gorgeous girl, I think it would hinder on my fun while in Rome).

So then I bring up the point of what about when we get back, can we be more than friends and start something? She then reiterates the fact that she doesn't want to be in another long distance relationship, and she was very adamant in this fact, even upon my insisting that she could be passing up on a good thing. So it seems I'm paying the price because some [censored] didn't know how to treat her right.

So I think that's all the details. There's more but I can't think of them right now. So what do you guys think I should do. Just be friends with her and be glad? Not be friends with her? Be friends and then talk to her after we get back and see what can happen?

FWIW, I don't think I can just be friends with this girl. There's just something about her. I don't know how to explain it. My plan at this point is to still talk to her as a friend (I think it's important to stay friends with her for, at least, the rest of the summer because we leave relatively late to go to Europe while most of our friends will be at school). Also, maintaining a friendship with her may help her realize that she would be passing up a good thing if she is still worried about the long term thing.

P.S. For you pessimistic, smartass, assholes, she's not making up this [censored] to blow me off, so you can go [censored] yourselves if you're thinking that. And I'm dead serious.
Old 08-01-2005, 06:22 PM

Default Re: Since there\'s no girl problem thread on 1st page....

Either one of you has to transfer, or you're not going to date this chick. That's all there is to it.
Old 08-01-2005, 06:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So then I bring up the point of what about when we get back, can we be more than friends and start something?

[/ QUOTE ]

this is where you went wrong.
Old 08-01-2005, 06:24 PM

If she's "the one" you'll know by the time you get back. In the meantime, forget about her and do your thing.
Old 08-01-2005, 06:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Either one of you has to transfer, or you're not going to date this chick. That's all there is to it.

[/ QUOTE ]

spot on
Old 08-01-2005, 06:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-01-2005, 06:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So then I bring up the point of what about when we get back, can we be more than friends and start something?

[/ QUOTE ]

this is where you went wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

why's that? should i have not said anything until we got back, in your opinion?
Old 08-01-2005, 06:32 PM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 08-01-2005, 06:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you really think so?

1st, thats not gonna happen
2nd, even with the distance problem, i would think that we would be able to overcome this problem. i mean, we live near each other so we'd see eachother during breaks and whatnot and the occasional visit.

i would see the distance as a test, if it doesnt work, it doesnt work. life goes on. but the fact remains i dont wanna wonder "what if..."
Old 08-01-2005, 06:36 PM

Keep in touch until you're both back at school and then invite her out to talk about the trip over a few drinks. Hopefully it will work out for you.