Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2005, 11:20 PM

Default TPTK easy fold?

Hero ($30)
Villian ($52) no real reads, saw him raise multiple times PF to $2 ( 20xBB) with AA, KK, AK

Villian UTG calls .10
2 others call, SB completes
Hero raises to $0.75 with A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in BB

UTG calls, and one other limper calls

Flop: J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] pot (~$3)

Hero bets $3, Villian calls, limper folds

Turn 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] pot (~8.50)

Hero bets $5, Villian raises to $30, Hero?
Old 09-09-2005, 12:16 AM

Default Re: TPTK easy fold?

This is a fold 100% of the time right?
Old 09-09-2005, 12:19 AM

I might consider checking the turn and see what kind of bet he makes. He might be trying to outplay you. Also, sometimes ppl call with the Jack and rag "SUITTTTEEEDD" but he might've caught the two -pair with that rag. Check the turn. Don't build up the pot esp if he has Overpair. 1v1, QQ, KK, AA might be clever to slowplay.

Depends on your read of him. If he's been bluffing over 50% with underpair and such, or TP medium kicker, might be worth a shot. But don't over-bet TPTK. It's an amateur and costly mistake. (Not that you're amateur, but it's a huge leak worth looking at over again).
Old 09-09-2005, 12:26 AM

Ya fold.

Too many draws on the turn to check, but perhaps I bet $6 or $7 on the turn (but that's splitting hairs)

KoW
Old 09-09-2005, 12:42 AM

I really don't know much so don't take my advice too seriously, but the fold is easy, and second, I would have just checked in the BB. Much easier to check and take a flop rather than play a hand out of position. If this is what I think it is, 5c10c, then I doubt the 75c raise will get anyone to fold.
Old 09-09-2005, 03:25 AM

I check this PF. AJo isn't really the kind of hand I like raising with from the blinds.
Old 09-09-2005, 08:57 AM

I like to usually raise at least to find out where I am in hands, there were 4 limpers to me, so I raised 3xBB + 1BB for each limper. In retrospect I shouldn't have raised, and my hand would have been much easier to play. I couldn't put the villian on AA or KK as he raises big PF with them (20x BB). I actually thought he had a set of 8s

Anyways I folded, Villian showed me a set of Jacks. I think I bet too much on the turn, and should have just c/f
Old 09-09-2005, 11:03 AM

Whats everyones line on the turn if instead of villian reraising 30 he just min raises to 10?

Is the fold still clear cut. B/C I find myself in these situations quite a bite.
Old 09-09-2005, 11:17 AM

Yes, easy fold and I might bet a little bit more on the turn. PF-raise not so good.
Old 09-09-2005, 11:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I like to usually raise at least to find out where I am in hands, there were 4 limpers to me, so I raised 3xBB + 1BB for each limper. In retrospect I shouldn't have raised, and my hand would have been much easier to play. I couldn't put the villian on AA or KK as he raises big PF with them (20x BB). I actually thought he had a set of 8s

[/ QUOTE ]

In general when raising from the blinds after a bunch of limps you should jam it pretty good 4 + 1 per limper is good, but possibly slightly more. I prefer not to raise pretty good (but not great) hands like AJ to try and keep the pot managable and hopefully win a small to medium sized pot if I hit the flop. To be integrated so my raises out of the blinds aren't always a top tier hand I'll raise with complete junk or SC's occassionally. Since I don't raise that much out of the blinds it picks up the blinds a good amount.