Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2004, 11:04 PM

Default Re: All in Call Question - bugging me still

Mike,

How can you say this. Sure at the beginning of the tourney its a play tight crap shoot but - after about the 2nd hour - well with the $3 toourney anyway the final table is usually worth $2,500 or so. Sorry but, with the winner getting $1300 - it turns into real poker.
Old 08-24-2004, 10:24 AM

I don't see your concern for the play. You got all the money in the middle when he had 2 outs. Bad beat story?

It appears to me that he was trying to take the pot away from you when what he thought was a scare card came out. He probably put you on a Q and tried bluffing you out. No big deal.
Old 08-24-2004, 01:52 PM

Tosh,
watched you last night in the stars $20 tourny when you were bubleing. How did you finish?
Old 08-24-2004, 02:14 PM

Preflop: great odds, good call
Flop: good bet and betsize. However, warning bells go off when you get two callers on a rainbow board with no straightdraws. They must have caught part of this to steal be here. Semi-intelligent opponents can only have set (QQ, 88), twopair (Q8, Q5, 85), overpair (AA,KK), middle pair (JJ-99), TP (AQ/KQ/QJ), second pair (A7).

Since they are button and SB, you can rule out AA/KK/QQ, and if they’re not idiots, rule out A7 and JJ-99 too. Since this is very low level, other random idiot stuff could be here too. So you could be against 88, but also Q8, AQ, KQ.

With the turn being an A, AQ or A7 become distinctly likely, along with 88 or Q8 seems most likely now.

So, you could be vs. 88, but there are many combinations of two pair out. So I call every time .