Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2004, 04:05 AM

Default What I consider horrible play on my part, show me the way

PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, Hero calls, SB completes, BB checks,

Flop: (8 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(8 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks, CO checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (4 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(8 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Hero calls.

River: (9 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls, SB calls, BB calls, UTG folds.

Final Pot: 13 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 13 BB, between MP1, Hero, SB and BB.</font>

I beleive I missed a zillion bets here. Starting from the flop, where all should I have bet/raised?

Read on MP1 and SB: Weak-tight players.

Hand 2:
PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls, UTG+2 calls.

Flop: (9.40 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button folds, UTG folds, UTG+2 calls.

Turn: (5.70 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
UTG+2 checks, Hero checks.

River: (5.70 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
UTG+2 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 5.70 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 5.70 BB, between UTG+2 and Hero.</font>

I should bet the turn on his check-right? Atleast the river?

No reads on UTG+2
Old 08-17-2004, 04:13 AM

Default Re: What I consider horrible play on my part, show me the way

Hand 1: Raise the river

Hand 2: Bet the turn heads-up, fold to a raise I guess.

-Sent
Old 08-17-2004, 04:17 AM

Hand 1: Seems fine until the river - raise your hand. Unless you're positive this will kill your overcalls.

Let's do some math on raising the turn for value:
You have 3 trapped between you and SB. So 5 players...
13 cards will give you the probable winner (10 spades and 3 non-spade 9's) So you'll win this pot about 28% of the time. That's more than your fair share. So raising the turn seems like a good idea in hindsight. The only thing to worry about would be SB 3-betting.

Hand 2: Bet the turn, fold to a raise. If he just calls, taking another shot on the river is player dependent. If he's weak/tight he might lay it down to another one.
Old 08-17-2004, 09:24 AM

I think hand one is fine, just raise the river.

Hand two, I probably bet the turn here.
Old 08-17-2004, 11:32 AM

I guess this is just me, but I'd bet the flop on hand 1.

While you only have a few weak draws (about 5 outs), you are last to act and no one's shown any agression. You will likely get to see the turn and river for one SB instead of one BB. That, and it ties people to the pot. If the turn's a brick, you'll be able to take another shot at the nine for free. If it's a nine, well, that shouldn't be hard. If it's a spade, I probably bet again, seeing as though you now have a much more powerful draw.

Hand 2, bet the river at least. The only thing that beats you is a 7 or an A.
Old 08-17-2004, 11:49 AM

Well, I think you played Hand #1 perfectly.

Your limp is definitely warranted with so many callers before you. The flop check is standard, and so is the turn call when you pick up a flush draw and an inside straight draw.

As for the river, I like the call here in hopes of collecting overcalls. I think a raise will surely scare the rest of the opponents out and might even get MP1 to fold given the previous action. When there are 3 to act behind you and assuming MP1 didn't hit a runner runner flush as well (he won't play back at you), you only need 1 call to break even with raising (assuming MP1 calls). Any more calls from other pairs would be considered additional bets.

Haupt_234
Old 08-17-2004, 11:55 AM

Hand 1: I raise the turn and river.

Hand 2: I fold preflop. Since you're in the hand, I'd probably bet the flop and turn. If UTG+2 calls the turn bet, I'm not sure what I'd do on the river. You're beating anything but 55, a pair above 77 and a naked A or 7. But if he called the turn, I'd become suspicious of a slowplay.

Eh. Bet the turn. He'll fold.
Old 08-17-2004, 12:02 PM

I would raise the turn, but not the river since you want people to overcall.
Old 08-17-2004, 12:32 PM

Hand one you played perfect, raising the river in this situation would be a mistake, you've got 3 people behind you who likely fold to a raise but might go for the overcall. the original better may even fold to the raise. You missed 0 bets