Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2005, 06:01 PM

Default OOPSIE....sb checked turn

sorry...sb checked turn, didn't see that...

raise turn!! check behind river UI.

-Barron
Old 07-19-2005, 06:25 PM

Default Re: OOPSIE....sb checked turn

[ QUOTE ]

-Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhh.. SB bet turn..
Are you multi-posting? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-19-2005, 06:40 PM

Default my GOD i kept misreading this action...sorry

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhh.. SB bet turn..
Are you multi-posting? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

my first post is what i wanted to say...you wont fold people for 1 bet who have already put that bet in.

so raise turn only under conditions described.

-Barron
Old 07-19-2005, 07:45 PM

Default Re: My first Mid/High Stakes post. AJs in the CO.

this one's easy. raise the turn. the rest of the hand is fine. call the river and expect to lose. the pot is big though.
Old 07-20-2005, 02:20 AM

Default Results

When MP bet, I thought about folding for a second, then called when my brain started to work again.

SB and EP folded, and MP had his hand ready to go into the muck as he said "I have a 9, I'm sure you can beat that." I never saw his hand but he had T9 based on the action and what I thought of him as a player.

I think that raising the turn in this situation would have gotten me to a free showdown, and looking back on it, I think it may have been the right move.

I still think 3-betting PF may be correct as well, but I think the call worked, because as Dcfrthis pointed out, it allows me to raise the flop if I hit (and won't allow for a cap from the hijack).

Thanks for all the responses guys. Hopefully I'll venture this high again soon.
Old 07-20-2005, 02:50 AM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand
Default Re: My first Mid/High Stakes post. AJs in the CO.

[ QUOTE ]
but the sb seems ecstatic w/ his hand and may 3 bet that harmless turn which makes you put in more money as a dog,

[/ QUOTE ]

You still might be very close to even money on it. Unless he 3 bets and knocks some players out. However, if one waits to the turn on this one, you now have a situation where you just 'woke up' and raised. He might be leary of his hand to 3 bet it. It may also help define his hand better.

Which is why I'd also 3 bet this preflop. It can make the hand easier to play. I'm not a big fan of coldcalling with the raiser on my direct right. Personally, I just hate it.

[ QUOTE ]
AJhh will not b/c it already has top pair and you want to raise out gutshots that can call for 1 bet but not 2)

[/ QUOTE ]

A gutshot can call a flop raise profitably on this. There's 16 bets in going to the flop. (2 bets 8ways) Bet to you and you raise, you're giving someone about 10-1 right off. (1/2 the bets in = 8 plus initial bet who will call your raise + your 2 bets) Easy call with a gutshot draw. The implied odds will make it. You're not protecting much raising this flop unless people will fold incorrectly.

If you're going to play the pot manipulation game, the pot will already be big on the flop with the single raise preflop. There's many limpers already in. You may as well build it another bet through the field. You may also get some to fold preflop leaving some dead money in.

b
Old 07-24-2005, 03:19 AM

Default Re: Results

I was in this game. I dont remember this hand. My guess is you were in the 5 seat. I hope you werent the 4 seat if you were youre a fish.