Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2005, 05:38 PM

Default Re: In too deep(gimmick account thread)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Keep it short, try not to be rude by saying you have no feelings for her and leave.

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you mean by "short"? There is no way this breakup takes less than 2 weeks. During the time of him moving out (or her) there will be constant fighting, crying, begging, pleading, re-considering, etc....

craig

[/ QUOTE ]

I meant that he should not try to give a long, drawn out explanation as to why he is breaking up with her. I think that maybe he should try to find a friend he could stay with while he looks for a new place to live. Staying there will create more problems.
Old 12-05-2005, 05:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've wanted to break up but she won't let me go.

[/ QUOTE ]

time for awesomebaby to assert himself. if youre at the point in the relationship that you dont want to move forward anymore then talk to her about it.

dont do it for another girl though. that's usually not a good reason to break up w/ someone. if you think pastures are greener w/ someone new you'll usually be bitterly disappointed. it's much better to break up and be single--for both of your sake's.

this new girl is going to be pissed when she finds out youve led on that you not only have a girlfriend but youre been living w/ someone. youre already on bad footing w/ her.

if you want to break up w/ the gf then do it. and dont let her dictate whether she'll "let you go." time to assert yourself. then clear your head and look around and see if you're interested in dating anyone.

that's the bwana plan on how to break up w/ a girl and come out relatively clean. otherwise it's lots of heartbreak for you and the girlfriend and you get to carry around some uneneccessary emotional baggage for awhile.

bwana
Old 12-05-2005, 05:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I meant that he should not try to give a long, drawn out explanation as to why he is breaking up with her.

[/ QUOTE ]

No kidding. "You took 8 months to tell me you had herpes." is more than adequate.
Old 12-05-2005, 05:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Keep it short, try not to be rude by saying you have no feelings for her and leave.

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you mean by "short"? There is no way this breakup takes less than 2 weeks. During the time of him moving out (or her) there will be constant fighting, crying, begging, pleading, re-considering, etc....

craig

[/ QUOTE ]

I meant that he should not try to give a long, drawn out explanation as to why he is breaking up with her. I think that maybe he should try to find a friend he could stay with while he looks for a new place to live. Staying there will create more problems.

[/ QUOTE ]

He has been with her for 1.5 years and works with her as well as lives with her. The first conversation will be a minimum of 5 hours. I hope, for his sake, I am wrong. If she knows it is about to happen, then it might be shorter. Either way, he should plan for a long night.

He might be able to stay with that new girl while he is looking for a place to live. Or, maybe the girl he is breaking up with can live with the new girl. I am on the phone with FOX right now. If this doesn't make for good reality TV I don't know what will.

craig
Old 12-05-2005, 05:49 PM

Welcome to Dumpsville, girl!

Population: YOU!
Old 12-05-2005, 05:51 PM

I don't understand why you think that the default should be "let's take a break."

Let's take a break is reserved for times when you think you should be taking a break. ie, when you think that you should be getting back together. without debating whether or not that's ever, ever a good idea, it's not the line to use when what you actually mean is "i'm done with you, you're done with me, let's just go our own ways."

you're not desiring of a break, you're desiring of a end, conclusion, finale, whatever.

i'd say dump her after some great sex or whatever, but [censored], the bitch done got herpes. then again, you probably got it now too. so filthy sanchez her and be on your way.

seriously, you don't have to be mean, you should just say something like "hey x, i don't think things have been working out between us, and i'm sure you've been feeling the same way, what with all our fighting lately. i think we should stop seeing each other before any chance of being friends in the future is ruined."

or whatever.

c
Old 12-05-2005, 05:53 PM

How to Break Up with This Bad Person:

Cheat on her. Hide the knives. Tell her. Run.

The End,
--GA
Old 12-05-2005, 05:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I meant that he should not try to give a long, drawn out explanation as to why he is breaking up with her.

[/ QUOTE ]

No kidding. "You took 8 months to tell me you had herpes." is more than adequate.

[/ QUOTE ]

no way, not after all this time.
Old 12-05-2005, 05:54 PM

not breaking up with this girl could be one of the worst decisions you ever make.
Old 12-05-2005, 05:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The first conversation will be a minimum of 5 hours.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree with this based on my own experiences.